Position Summary: Responsible for the development of quality documentation, facilitation of continuous improvements, working with suppliers and customers to resolve quality or system issues.
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s of Science in Engineering or related field.
- 3+ years of automotive quality engineering preferred.
- Proficient in GD&T.
- Customer specific Program Development experience (e.g.: AIAG, PPAP, Process Flow & Control Plans).
- Working knowledge of Quality Management Systems (ISO9001 & TS16949).
- Experience with Product Warrant documentation.
- Project Management skils using Microsoft applications.
Essential Job Functions include, but not limited to, the following:
- Proficient in Tolerancing & Tolerance Stack-up requirements
- Development of required documentation to support the Product Development Process and in accordance with Customer requirements (e.g. APQP, PPAP and FMEA)
- Maintenance of required documentation meeting the Shape Corp specifications for Document Control and retrievability
- Interface with Customer personnel and facilitate the resolution of quality issues and concerns
- Participate in the development and maintenance of institutionalized quality systems (e.g. TS & ISO)
- Lead problem solving efforts relating to launch quality issues
- Launch Quality:
- Responsible for the quality of product during the Launch phase
- Initiate Control Plans & training for Plans, Work and Gage Instructions
- Control of all APQP documents via PPAP
- Understand and provide interpretation of customer designs
- Recommend and negotiate GD&T with the Customer
- Responsible for gage quoting and Customer approval
- Responsible for Supplier Gage design approval, PPAP review and approval, and Program Issues Review
- Responsible for PFMEA
Indeed - 5 months ago
copy to clipboard
Shape Corp. aims to improve the quality of life for its customers, associates, stockholders and communities. This purpose is fulfilled...