Job Description: Provide lawn services to include mowing, weeding beds, edging and trimming shrubs and trees to residential and commercial lawns. Follow ABC protocols and procedures.
Compensation: $26,000 to $34,000 a year after training.
Training period: 2-4 weeks (depending on experience) on the job training. Salary paid while training: $1800.00 per month
Description: Lawn Service Specialists are expected to be detailed oriented and able to work at least 5 days a week and work every other Saturday. You must be a person who enjoys dealing with people and enjoy working outdoors.
Position Type: Full Time
- Perform service route that has been scheduled by the office.
- Solicit existing customer and new customers for additional services.
- Evaluate lawn situations by inspecting conditions;
- Able to read and comprehend labels
- Present new services that can be offered by ABC.
- Collect revenue by obtaining service verifications.
- Complete records by entering required information.
- Maintain quality results by adhering to company standards.
- Read/write reports; comprehend pesticide labels and training materials.
- Complete designated work within day/month assigned.
- Attend weekly training meetings at 6:00 AM.
- Maintain safe work habits by following company standards.
- Utilize O.S.H.A. mandated personal protective equipment.
- Utilize application equipment, inspection equipment and small hand/power tools.
- Participate in Company sponsored continuing education classes.
- Educate clients on watering and mowing.
- Interface with employees at different levels.
- Maintain professional appearance at all times.
- Maintain clean vehicle at all times.
- Background check.
- Must pass driving record check.
- Must pass physical examination.
- Must pass drug test.
- Must posses a valid driver’s license.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States
- Good Communication (written/oral).
- Excellent attendance record.
- Good driving record.
- Computer Skills required.
- Ability to tolerate a variety of environmental conditions, i.e., Heat/Cold, Heights and Confined spaces.
- High School education is required, some college a plus.
- Employee must be 21 years of age.
- Employer provides classroom and on-the-job training during the first several months of employment and continuous training thereafter.
- Following on-the-job training and the requirements, employee will be required to complete state certification/licensing process.
- Hand Manipulation
- Climbing, Ladders, etc...
- Coordination (hand/eye/foot)
- Using machines/tools
- Using chemicals
Lifting or Carrying
Under 10 lbs Frequently
11 – 25 lbs Frequently
26 – 50 lbs Occasionally
51 – 75 lbs Occasionally