Ten Mile Square is a boutique technology consulting firm based in the Washington, DC metro-area. Our clients include Scripps Networks (Food TV, HGTV, Travel Channel...), CollegeBoard, venture funded companies and venture investment firms, and a variety of organizations you have heard of but we can't mention. Our specialty - to align the best industry practices in project management and software development to solve challenging problems for our clients in the media, finance, and Internet backbone industries.
We are looking for a talented lead developer who is passionate about software to join our growing team of best-of-industry professionals. This position is to join our team at a music industry client in downtown Washington, DC. We are open to filling the position via full-time hire or a contract.
- Work as part of a project team at our client's office in downtown DC using agile development processes
- Design RESTful web services and implement them using Java
- Develop functionality for front-end web applications using Python/Django
- Design/develop data manipulation jobs using ETL tools
- Test all of your code!
We are looking for someone who is
- SMART: Able to pick-up new technologies and concepts quickly.
- CONSCIENTIOUS: Detail-oriented. Cares about the quality of their work. Documents and tests their code.
- PROACTIVE: Able to identify problems and solve them without having to be told exactly what to do.
- Eight years of software industry experience
- Three years of Java development experience
- One year of Python development experience (preferably with Django)
- Solid understanding of Computer Science fundamentals
- Familiarity with the Linux command line
- Ability to communicate effectively with both business stakeholders and the technology team
About Ten Mile Square
Ten Mile Square Technologies is a group of diverse senior technology professionals who have been working together across a variety of relationships for more than ten years. We have developed an appreciation for working with exceptional people and recognize that the best people wish to be recognized for their contributions by people who get it.
We pride ourselves on being exceptional technology professionals focused on doing great work for interesting customers. We are known in the technology, business and venture community for our history of successes that have helped many companies scale. Our managers do hands-on client work full time.
We recognize that exceptional people deserve exceptional support. We deliver better than market benefits and compensation, because that's what we demand ourselves.
- 100% paid medical insurance, including family medical, with CareFirst BCBS PPO
- 100% paid individual dental, life, short-term disability plan & long-term disability insurance
- 401(k) company contribution - 3%
- 15 days per year paid time off
- 10 days per year training time set aside
- 7 company holidays
- Incentive pay plan