Boxwood Technology, Inc. is searching for a highly motivated developer with a passion for technology, excellent problem solving skills, and a collaborative, innovative spirit. We have an immediate need for a Lead Software Developer to join our talented team in developing an exciting new product. At Boxwood, you will work with great people and experience rewarding career opportunities while earning competitive compensation and a top rate benefits package.
- Assist with architecting a software solution for a new business product utilizing Node.js and related technologies
- Perform software development tasks including coding, testing, debugging, documenting, peer-reviewing, deploying, monitoring, and support. All tasks are performed in accordance with industry best practices and internal procedures and standards.
- Lead and mentor a team of software developers through development and implementation of product releases
- Collaborate with a cross-functional team of developers, project managers, business analysts, graphics and user experience designers, quality assurance analysts, and customer support
- Provide technical expertise in troubleshooting application failures, including analysis of complex problems and developing and implementing recommended solutions
- Stay apprised of technology trends and best practices; learn new skills and knowledge share with team members
- Work responsibly and efficiently both independently and in a collaborative team environment
- BS in Computer Science or related field or 5+ years of experience in Web and Application Development; 3+ years of demonstrated senior-level development experience
- Understanding of modern dynamic web application architecture and web standards
- Knowledge of common software development tools (Sublime Text, Eclipse, GIT, Grunt, etc.) and best practices
- Demonstrated ability to create applications and services that are flexible, extensible, robust, and highly scalable
- Familiarity with waterfall and agile software development methodologies
- Strong skills in critical thinking, problem solving, troubleshooting and analysis
- Strong speaking and communication skills
- Ability to prioritize and successfully execute tasks within timelines in a fast-paced, agile environment
Boxwood Technology, Inc. is the trusted career center provider for associations, endorsed by the American Society of Association Executives. Since 1998, we have helped nearly 1,000 associations generate $300 million in non-dues revenue via our job board technology and other career-related services.
Boxwood offers full time employees a first rate benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, paid holidays and vacation, and a 401k plan. In addition, employees enjoy great opportunity for career growth and development along with competitive compensation.
Indeed - 6 months ago