Barnes Group Inc. has an exciting career opportunity for a dynamic individual to play an integral role in driving and supporting our business goals and objectives as a Lean Manager. The right candidate should have a proven track record of leadership and building collaborative teams, to bring about results. He or she will serve as the primary resource for supporting a single or multiple sites in its Lean Enterprise transformation and execute programs to accomplish change initiatives and integrate them into the culture. This opportunity will provide visibility to leadership at the local, strategic business unit and global segment level and can lead to further career growth and development opportunities, based upon performance and execution of assigned goal. If you are a high energy individual who thrives in a fast-paced environment, please submit your name for further consideration.
Corporate Values: Integrity, Empowerment, Emotional Intelligence, Collaboration, Competitiveness, Continuous Improvement, Workplace Fairness, and Globalization
- Models, fosters and drives the Lean Enterprise transformation within the site. In alignment with strategic growth initiatives executes on continuous improvement programs to support the local business goals & objectives. Obtains all necessary assistance to assure effective implementation.
- Effectively influences and is able to handle the “gray” and to mobilize various levels of the organization to move forward strategic and tactical change and keep on-going pulse on progress through virtual environment, technology and tools,
- Serves as the primary change agent collaborating with the local champions to execute to plan and continually communicates how the local goals align with the business unit strategy.
- Tracks implementation of improvements and provides leadership and directs to insure that the organization increases overall operating efficiencies in obtaining the highest quality product at the lowest cost possible.
- Educates the entire employee population on BGI Lean Tools and techniques forming a culture of continuous improvement and learning.
- Facilitates Lean training programs, Kaizen events and other Lean initiatives. Assesses, coaches and provides constructive feedback to teams in order to strengthen the lean competency within the local sites.
- Coordinates and synchronizes site level Lean Enterprise goals and initiatives with those of the strategic business unit overall objectives. Provides documentation of results and benefits achieved.
- Shares best practices with local sites and fellow Lean practitioners in the organization. Documents lessons learned and incorporate it into local sites as appropriate. Leverages relationships to seek other Barnes lessons learned from colleagues and strategic business unit Lean Leaders to increase efficiencies.
- Expected travel 20%.
- Relocation assistance available
- Minimum of five (5) to eight (8) years of manufacturing services experience with at least two years of managerial experience. Continuous improvement and cross functional experience is preferred.
- Demonstrated success implementing change balancing consistency with flexibility and willing to change ideas in the face of new information.
- Impeccable integrity; superior communication and interpersonal skills; ability to effectively interface with all levels of the organization and lead change across functional and geographical boundaries.
- Emotionally intelligent change agent able to facilitate and manage changes effectively and acts with a sense of urgency to drive results. A proven ability to influence, build commitment and engage employees, colleagues and management.
- A working understanding of key business drivers and goals.
- Highly organized, able to work under pressure, multi task and deliver multiple competing priorities.
Internal Candidate Instructions:
- Bachelor’s degree required. Lean and/or Six Sigma training/certification desired. MS or MBA strongly preferred.
To be considered for the above position, please visit our website www.BGInc.com Click on Careers, search for the job posting in which you are interested and submit your resume on line.
At Barnes Group Inc. career development is a shared responsibility in which all employees are encouraged to develop, improve, and enhance their skills and professional growth to support our business objectives.
Barnes Group, Inc. - 17 months ago