TULLY RINCKEY, PLLC, an established full-service law firm with offices throughout upstate New York and the DC Metropolitan area, is seeking a Legal Secretary/Receptionist for our Syracuse office. This is an opportunity to join one of the fastest growing law firms in the country (rated by INC Magazine). The firm is also recognized as one of Albany's Best Places to Work by the Business Review.
This position will be directly responsible to work with Senior Attorneys, Associates and Legal Support Staff on all aspects of legal document preparation and general office procedures. A strong attention to detail, commitment to quality work product and client service skills are all required.
Specific duties are:
- Telephone and personal client service skills;
- Electronic input of calendar reporting and time entry;
- Maintain tasks lists of document and court deadlines;
- Schedule appointments;
- Drafting of legal documents and correspondence for respective attorneys;
- Preparation and assemble materials, documents and exhibits for meetings, court appearances and hearings;
- Maintain e-files and physical files according to company procedures, including scanning and posting of all correspondence, emails, telephone calls, faxes, etc.to ensure proper file compliance;
- Research inquiries and requests for information; and general office duties as assigned for the professional operation of a law firm.
This is an entry level position for a legal secretary/receptionist. We are requiring a two year minimum legal education from an accredited institution or law office experience; with a background in a professional office environment preferred. The candidate needs to be proficient in all aspects of Microsoft Office, Excel, Lexis Nexis and document management software or equivalent. Must be able to prepare draft documentation using Word or through templates and be able to revise and finalize as directed. Must be a self-starter, work well with co-workers and perform all secretarial duties.
Interested applicants should send resume, cover letter and salary requirements via email. Responses to this ad with omitted requirements will not be considered.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for this position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Competitive salary based on employment history and education. Benefits include firm subsidized medical coverage, dental, 401K, standard vacation and holidays. Clear employment history and personal references (3) will be required. Notary Public preferred. A Background Check and Screening will be completed on all final applicants.