About Whole Woman’s Health
Whole Woman's Health is an abortion provider that offers full-range medical services for women. In addition to our specialization in abortion, we offer gynecological services, counseling, and general wellness resources. We are proud to provide safe, compassionate abortion services for women; we see abortion provision as an important component of holistic care for women. We are driven by our commitment to reduce the stigma around abortion in this country. We know this work changes people – our patients, our staff, our families and the world. We invite you to be a part of our work and to enjoy an extremely rewarding career with a palpable sense of making the world a better place for women on a daily basis.
We are currently seeking experienced and qualified nurses to work on a full and part time basis for our clinic in Austin, Texas.
Licensure and Experience:
- Possess a current state license as a LVN.
- Women’s Health Nurse Practitioner, Family Nurse Practitioner, or relevant Women’s Health experience preferred.
- Certification in Basic Life Support, biannually
Clinical Services - Gynecological Care:
- Assist in health screenings such as pap smears, pelvic exams, breast checks, STI screening.
- Counsel patients regarding birth control options, including diaphragms and IUDs. Follow up as appropriate.
- Counsel, educate, and provide resources on women’s health issues.
- Provide counseling for gynecological problems such as infection, abnormal bleeding, or abnormal pap results.
Clinical Services - Abortion Care:
- Dispensing Mifepristone or Misoprostol under MD orders as per the Whole Woman's Health medical abortion protocol.
- Assisting the MD in Medical Abortion care visits.
- Performing ultrasounds, assisting in surgery or aftercare.
- Follow up visits for patients experiencing post-abortion problems.
We offer competitive salary based on qualifications.
Whole Woman’s Health was incorporated in January of 2003. We are a fast growing company with five locations in Texas and one in Maryland and Minneasota. We support women and operate our company with a fundamental belief in empowerment. Our people are supported to grow and challenge themselves and each other; autonomy is given freely to those who are driven and successful.
For more information about us, please visit our website at www.wholewomanshealth.com
Qualified applicants may send cover letter and resume.