Seedco Financial Services, Inc. (Seedco Financial) is a national Community Development Financial Institution (CDFI) with $54 million in assets under management. Seedco Financial seeks to stimulate economic development in communities that are underserved by traditional banking institutions by providing affordable capital, hands-on technical assistance and innovative solutions to small businesses, nonprofit organizations, real estate developers, and other CDFIs. Learn more about Seedco Financial at www.seedcofinancial.org
Reporting to the Loan Origination Manager, the Loan Officer is responsible for identifying, acquiring, and expanding community development lending opportunities in target markets with a focus on providing loan financing and technical assistance to small businesses and nonprofit organizations. The loan officer will work closely with borrowers and key stakeholders to find solutions, and effectively manage the loan process from origination through booking, and will continue to actively manage the borrower relationship throughout the term of the loan. The Loan Officer will analyze, structure, and negotiate credit requests.
Primary Job Functions:
- Cultivates new lending opportunities in target underserved markets;
- Respond to referrals (internal and external) in a timely, professional manner;
- Promotes Seedco Financial’s loan services and products and technical assistance resources to prospective borrowers, community organizations, banks and government agencies to enhance its reputation;
- Promotes a positive attitude and team approach to customer relationships;
- Participates in activities that promote community development lending activities; and
- Participates in special projects designated by your immediate supervisor and executive management.
- Gathers personal information about clients and businesses to ensure that an informed decision is made regarding the creditworthiness of the borrower and the probability of repayment;
- Analyses and verify borrower loan application to determine the client’s creditworthiness;
- Packages loans and submit to underwriting for review and approval;
- Provides guidance to prospective loan applicants who have problems qualifying for traditional loans;
- Determining the most appropriate type of loan for a particular borrower, and explain specific requirements and restrictions associated with the loan;
- Respond to customer requests in a timely, professional manner within 48 hours.
Client Relationship Management
- Guide borrowers through the application process by proactively reaching out to the prospective borrower, obtain basic information about the purpose of the loan and explain the different types of loans and credit terms that are available to the applicant;
- Answer questions about the process and assist borrowers in filling out the application if necessary;
- Work closely with loan underwriters to conduct a comprehensive industry and financial analysis and risk assessment and to determine appropriate loan terms and repayment schedule;
- Work closely with loan collections staff to contact borrowers with delinquent loan accounts to help them find a method of repayment in order to avoid their defaulting on the loan; and
- Understand, adopt, and adhere to organizational policies, procedures and guidelines.
Interacts with: Louisiana, New York and Alabama staff; externally, business owners, not-for-profits
Education and Related Work Experience:
- B.S./B.A. preferred;
- A minimum 2+ years of lending experience required;
- Prior work-related experience and knowledge of community development lending, Small Business Administration (SBA) loans as well as traditional and alternative loan programs is beneficial;
- Strong financial skills and ability to develop and interpret financial statements applied to business accounting and finance principle are required;
- Must be proficient in Windows based software;
- Superior analytical skills are required;
- Must possess the ability to meet performance goals;
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) a plus;
- A working knowledge of Small Business Administration (SBA) Loan Programs, Policies & Procedures as well as traditional and alternative Loan Programs is beneficial; and
- Knowledge of local market including financial institutions, local government, and community organizations; and an understanding of local priorities, opportunities and challenges I preferred.
Other Special Considerations:
Must be able to travel locally, as needed.
This job is performed under general office conditions, and is not subject to any strenuous physical demands or dangerous conditions.
Please forward your resume and cover letter with salary requirements in MS Word format to the email address provided.
You must place “Loan Officer (Ref#13-006)” in the subject line of the e-mail in order for your information to be processed. We appreciate all responses, but due to the high volume of resumes received, we only contact those applicants whose qualifications best match the position requirements.
Seedco Financial Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.