Seedco Financial Services, Inc. (Seedco Financial) is a national Community Development Financial Institution (CDFI) with $54 million in assets under management. Seedco Financial seeks to stimulate economic development in communities that are underserved by traditional banking institutions by providing affordable capital, hands-on technical assistance and innovative solutions to small businesses, nonprofit organizations, real estate developers, and other CDFIs. Learn more about Seedco Financial at www.seedcofinancial.org
Reporting to the Loan Origination Manager, the Loan Officer is responsible for identifying, acquiring, and expanding community development lending opportunities in target markets with a focus on providing loan financing and technical assistance to small businesses and nonprofit organizations. The loan officer will work closely with borrowers and key stakeholders to find solutions, and effectively manage the loan process from origination through booking, and will continue to actively manage the borrower relationship throughout the term of the loan. The Loan Officer will analyze, structure, and negotiate credit requests.
Primary Job Functions:
- Cultivate new lending opportunities in target underserved markets;
- Respond to referrals (internal and external) in a timely, professional manner;
- Promote Seedco Financial’s loan services and products and technical assistance resources to prospective borrowers, community organizations, banks and government agencies to enhance its reputation;
- Promote a positive attitude and team approach to customer relationships;
- Participate in activities that promote community development lending activities; and
- Participate in special projects designated by immediate supervisor and executive management.
- Gather personal information about clients and businesses to ensure that an informed decision is made regarding the creditworthiness of the borrower and the probability of repayment;
- Analyze and verify borrower loan application to determine the client’s creditworthiness;
- Package loans and submit to underwriting for review and approval;
- Provide guidance to prospective loan applicants who have difficulty qualifying for traditional loans;
- Determine the most appropriate type of loan for a particular borrower, and explain specific requirements and restrictions associated with the loan;
- Respond to customer requests in a timely, professional manner.
Client Relationship Management
- Guide borrowers through the application process; proactively reach out to the prospective borrower, obtain basic information about the purpose of the loan and explain available types of loans and credit terms;
- Work closely with loan underwriters to conduct a comprehensive industry and financial analysis and risk assessment, and determine appropriate loan terms and repayment schedule;
- Work closely with loan collections staff to contact borrowers with delinquent loan accounts to help find a method of repayment to avoid default on the loan; and
- Understand, adopt, and adhere to organizational policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Education and Related Work Experience:
- B.S./B.A. preferred;
- A minimum of 2-3 years of lending experience required;
- Prior work-related experience and knowledge of community development lending, Small Business Administration (SBA) loans as well as traditional and alternative loan programs is beneficial;
- Strong financial skills and ability to develop and interpret financial statements applied to business accounting and finance principles is required;
- Superior analytical skills are required;
- Must be proficient in Windows based software;
- Must possess the ability to meet performance goals;
- A working knowledge of Small Business Administration (SBA) Loan Programs, Policies & Procedures as well as traditional and alternative Loan Programs is beneficial; and
- Knowledge of local market including financial institutions, local government, and community organizations; and an understanding of local priorities, opportunities and challenges, preferred.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) a plus;
Other Special Considerations:
Must be able to travel locally as needed.
Please forward your resume and cover letter with salary requirements in MS Word format to the email address supplied.
You must place “Loan Officer (Ref#13-004)” in the subject line of the e-mail in order for your information to be processed. We appreciate all responses, but due to the high volume of resumes received, we only contact those applicants whose qualifications best match the position requirements.
Seedco Financial Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.