Seedco Financial Services, Inc. (Seedco Financial) is a national Community Development Financial Institution (CDFI) with $54 million in assets under management. Seedco Financial seeks to stimulate economic development in communities that are underserved by traditional banking institutions by providing affordable capital, hands-on technical assistance and innovative solutions to small businesses, nonprofit organizations, real estate developers, and other CDFIs. Learn more about Seedco Financial at www.seedcofinancial.org
The Loan Underwriter prepares and makes credit recommendations by underwriting new credit transactions and recommending deals to a Chief Credit Officer and/or senior credit committee. Deals include, but not limited to, retail loans, commercial real estate, professional business loans, and light manufacturing and distribution loans. Loan amount ranges from $50,000 - $5 million.
- Work in conjunction with loan officers to analyze the conditions of each credit request;
- Review submitted loan application files to analyze, interpret and evaluate financial information and loan documentation to assess borrower capacity, cash flows, character, collateral and condition to honor its obligations;
- Prepare a written credit memorandum and recommends approval of small business loan applications in a streamlined approval environment that includes financial trends, cash flow, and credit risks;
- Render a decision within established credit guidelines and compliance and regulatory requirements;
- Verify completeness and accuracy of file;
- Insures that approval of new loan requests comply with loan underwriting, product and program policies and procedures;
- Recognize industry and/or borrower specific risks, applying appropriate underwriting criteria and identify abnormal characteristics of borrower;
- Maintain strong communication with Loan Officers to determine appropriate counteroffers to the borrower and clear any pending conditions;
- Manage application pipeline and expected service levels;
- Meet all departmental goals for productivity, quality, and turnaround time;
- Remain up to date and knowledgeable on all policies and procedures.
Education and Qualifications:
- BA/BS degree, preferably in accounting, finance or economics is required. Master’s degree a plus;
- Minimum of 3-5 years credit and financial experience in bank lending, community development lending, credit analysis, or loan review. Credit training from a banking institution a plus
- Prior work experience with community development, Small Business Administration (504, Community Express) loan programs and New Markets Tax Credit program are a plus.
- Strong knowledge of small business, nonprofit, commercial real estate loans including appraisals and land surveys;
- Understanding of community development, Small Business (SBA) loan products;
- Loan underwriting, working knowledge of SBA 7(a), and community advantage programs is desirable, but not required;
- Thorough knowledge of complex personal and business financial analysis and an expertise in tax return and balance sheet analysis, including cash flow;
- Solid analytical skills and ability to work under pressure;
- Excellent written and verbal communication and problem solving skills;
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills;
- Strong PC skills including Word and Excel; and
- Highly motivated, team player.
Please forward your resume and cover letter with salary requirements in MS Word format to the email address supplied.
You must place “Development Manager (Ref#13-003)” in the subject line of the e-mail in order for your information to be processed. We appreciate all responses, but due to the high volume of resumes received, we only contact those applicants whose qualifications best match the position requirements.
Seedco Financial Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Indeed - 18 months ago