Amtrak connects businesses and communities across the country and move America’s workforce toward the future. We employ more than 20,000 diverse, energetic professionals in a variety of career fields throughout the United States. We seek qualified, dedicated professionals with demonstrated work experience and/or relevant skills to join our team. The safety of our passengers, our employees, the public and our operating environment is our priority and the success of our railroad is the result of our employees. Your success is just a train ride away.
We proudly support and encourage U.S. Veterans to apply for this position.
SUMMARY OF DUTIES:
Responsible for inspection, testing and maintenance of locomotives and rolling stock equipment in accordance with FRA and Amtrak standards and guidelines.
- Performs inspection, testing and maintenance in accordance with 49CFR regulations and Amtrak standards and guidelines.
- Responsible for mechanical repairs to drive systems, wheels/wheel sets (trucks), suspension and other components of the propulsion system.
- Troubleshoots equipment to determine corrective actions and causes of equipment failures.
- Calibrates pressure switches and valves in compliance with 49CFR and Amtrak established standards.
- Maintains proper care and use of materials, test equipment, machines and hand tools normally associated with assigned job.
- Must have a High School Diploma or General Educational Development (GED) certificate.
- Completion of technical school or apprenticeship program.
- Experience in troubleshooting, repair, replacement or rebuilding mechanical equipment and systems.
- Prefer welding and cutting experience.
- Experience in the maintenance of railroad equipment preferred.
- Knowledge of mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic systems.
- Ability to read mechanical drawings.
- Knowledge and skill in the use of electrical tools, equipment and the measurements necessary to meet established standards.
- Some computer skills.
- Ability to read, write and communicate proficiently.
Preference will be given to local applicants.
We proudly support and encourage U.S. Veterans to apply for this position. All positions require pre-employment background verification, medical review and pre-employment drug screen. Amtrak is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.