Your primary functions will be to supervise a staff of first responders to emergency situations at the healthcare facility. You will have to create reports and keep weekly and monthly statistics. For this position you will need strong organizational and computer skills. You will make periodic tours to secure areas, provide customer service, deter crimes, check for irregularities, inspect protection devices and fire control equipment. Preserves order and may enforce regulations pertaining to personnel, visitors, and premises. Assist with the functions of physical and personal security and safety measures of patients, staff, and visitors. Protects staff and property from theft or damage, or persons from hazards or interference, including the potential for violence in the workplace.
$16.00 per hour.
Full time - Variable - Shift Work - 24 hour/7 day a week operation
Shift work: Days, Swings and Graveyard.
* DO NOT APPLY IF YOU DO NOT MEET REQUIREMENTS *
- MUST possess California BSIS Guard Card
- MUST have Baton Training and Permit
- MUST have Pepper Spray Training and Permit
- Five (5) years of high public contact security/law enforcement experience
- Three (3) years of supervision of security/law enforcement staff.
- BA Degree from accredited college may substitute supervision requirement.
- STRONG computer skills Microsoft Word
- STRONG computer skills Microsoft Excel
- STRONG organizational filing skills
- Reliable means of communication and transportation
- Reliable vehicle and Drivers license.
- Legal right to work in the United States of America
- Ability to speak, read and write English
- Have a High School Diploma or GED
- Be willing to participate in pre-employment screening / drug test / investigation
- Capable to work in a healthcare setting.
* IF YOU DO NOT MEET THE ABOVE REQUIREMENTS***
**YOU WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED **
- Capable to stand and be on your feet for extended periods of time.
- Knowledge of or ability to learn security operations
- Bilingual – Ability to speak Spanish is desired
- Capable of driving a vehicle
- Capable of lifting or moving up to 75 pounds.
- Able to maintain professional composure during unusual circumstances
- Strong writing skills
- Strong skills in use and application of Microsoft Word, Excel and Powerpoint.
- Have a cellular phone for communication
- Able to provide high quality customer service.
- Able to interact with various social levels and across diverse cultures
- Maintain composure, occasionally under urgency and pressure conditions
- Capable of working extended hours when needed
If you meet these requirements we would like to meet with you.