Headquartered in Charleston, South Carolina, Hagemeyer North America, Inc. is a distributor of products and services focusing on business-to-business markets in electrical materials, safety products, and industrial products and services throughout North America.
Our sites are conveniently located to serve local markets throughout the United States, Canada and Mexico. Our strength lies in the ability to serve local customers through the relationships forged by our associates.
Our global reach allows us to provide our global customers with custom-tailored solutions. As a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sonepar, Hagemeyer North America works with Sonepar companies around the world to ensure superior service when and where our customers need it.
We are currently seeking Maintenance Engineer to provide technical support: As needed, Maintenance Engineers are one of the most critical components toward establishing/maintaining a successful program. These individuals are engaged in every aspect of the program and are ultimately responsible for driving down the total cost of the MRO Consumables and Equipment spares while increasing service life, end-user support and overall performance. They work directly with Maintenance, Engineering, Production, Purchasing, and Supply Chain in order to support all program initiatives with duties including, but not limited to: providing technical support for products and application; trouble shooting failure and corrective action; coordinating external supplier support product standardization & consolidation; review of all new item setups; project planning. The Contractor will work as a member of the spare parts engineering team(s) to review all spare parts submissions from the new equipment suppliers with the end objective being the creation of the necessary SAP spare parts list required to purchase all required spares for operation and maintenance. The Contractor will be responsible for providing team members with the required skill set with the abilities to use Word, Excel, Adobe Reader and SAP and willing to learn systems used at OWNER for the below roles:
- Assist Owner engineering in developing the Spare Parts Strategy for new projects.
- Ensure complete parts lists are submitted by each vendor; this includes all purchased subassemblies.
- Coordinate the review of the Recommended Spare Parts Lists with OWNER engineering groups.
- Create approved spare part list for Engineering to upload to SAP.
- Create, maintain, and issue progress reports.
- Ensure that all documentation that supports the spare parts analysis and evaluation process is delivered.
- Review all Recommended Spare Parts Lists submitted by the suppliers for content and accuracy.
- Define Special Tools needed for maintaining equipment.
- Make recommendations to OWNER on spares and what quantities that should be stocked.
- Identify parts that are repairable.
- Ensure that the information contained within the Recommended Spare Parts Lists is sufficient for operation & maintenance.
- To assist the engineering groups with any Operations and Maintenance spares issues which arise during the course of the project.
- Ensure spare part kits for rebuilding clamps, cylinders, slides, pumps, and other serviceable equipment is covered in supplied lists.
- Maintain review of obsolete parts and find replacements, working with the end users.
- Ensure firmware and updates on parts in stores, working with suppliers of such and ensuring parts received for stocking match OWNER standard.
- Ensure descriptions and part numbers are correct on new and current inventory.
- Respond to plant needs during equipment failures where spare part support to get plant back running as required.
- Identify and resolve duplicate spares.
- Identify locally available equivalent parts to replace imported components.
- Technical ability to review equipment assembly/detail drawings to verify all Spare Parts required for operation & maintenance are purchased.
- Ability to advise on substitution or modification of parts when identical replacements are not available.
- Ability to understand mechanical and electrical B.O.M’s
- Ability to analyze English technical documents.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of SAP a plus
- Experience working in automotive manufacturing a plus
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering or equivalent combination of experience in either field
401K Plan, Health Insurance (medical, dental, and vision), Paid Vacation, Paid Sick, Paid Personal, Paid Holidays, Flexible Spending Accounts (Health and Dependent Care), Employee Assistance Program, Tuition Reimbursement, Employee Discounts and a definitive career path.
Hagemeyer is an equal opportunity employer. M/F/D/V