The purpose of this position is to perform preventative maintenance tasks, minimize equipment downtime, and repair down equipment safely and effectively.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Performs Preventive Maintenance Tasks
- Performs PM (Preventative Maintenance) according to specified procedures.
- Documents work performed in an accurate, thorough and timely manner.
- Installs, replaces or changes machine parts and attachments in coordination with production’s activities.
- Assures sanitary conditions of the equipment following the SSOP (Standard Sanitation Operating Procedure) for each machine.
Assists in Equipment Installation and Repair
- Sets up and operates machines and adjusts controls that regulate operational functions to ensure conformance to specifications.
- Observes mechanical operation to detect malfunctions and assures machinery safety procedures.
- Installs and/or repairs mechanical wiring and electrical and electronic components.
- Accurately, thoroughly and promptly logs all work completed.
Assists with Facility Maintenance
- Performs facility maintenance tasks as directed by Maintenance Manager or Production Manager
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Vocational-technical certification or training in HVAC, plumbing, electrical, facilities maintenance and/or bakery or food production equipment.
- Associates degree in mechanical engineering OR equivalent work experience required
- Mechanical aptitude required
- Previous welding / fabrication experience
- Minimum of three to five years’ of experience working with mechanical equipment required
- Experience in food manufacturing and/or food packaging industry desired
Indeed - 18 months ago
Franklin Street Bakery is a wholesale bakery that has been providing the country's top restaurants, hotels, retail, and food service...