The Madison Square Boys & Girls Club, a not for profit organization that provides opportunities for underserved youth to strengthen academic, leadership, cultural, and career skills through an array of after school programs, is seeking dedicated professionals for the position of Maintenance Superintendent for our Clubhouse located in the Brooklyn.
Founded in 1884, the Madison Square Boys & Girls Club's mission is to save and enhance the lives of as many New York City boys and girls who by reason of economic and/or social factors are most in need of its services.
Under the direct supervision of the Clubhouse Director, the Maintenance Superintendent is responsible for providing general maintenance and repair to the Clubhouse interior and exterior.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain the building in a manner that is sanitary and compliant with the rules and regulations of the New York City Building Department
- Provide regular inspection of the Clubhouse and equipment to determine Clubhouse maintenance needs
- Perform preventative maintenance procedures
- Keep a daily record of all repairs/general maintenance performed in the Clubhouse unit
- Create a calendar to ensure scheduled maintenance repairs and permit renewals
- Test each fire alarm box and emergency lighting on a monthly basis and track these procedures
- Respond efficiently to emergency maintenance needs such as floods, snow removal and leaks
- Hire, supervise and evaluate all maintenance staff
- Adhere to the maintenance budget to ensure all needs are met to maintain an appealing Clubhouse both internally and externally
Required Skills and Knowledge:
- A minimum of one year of experience in the maintenance field as a supervisor and/or a demonstrated ability to evaluate and prioritize maintenance problems
- Basic knowledge of carpentry, plumbing, electrical systems, stripping and buffing floors and painting
- Highly motivated and dedicated to the organizational mission
- A high school diploma is required/a college equivalent is preferred
To apply please submit your cover letter, resume and references.