Timberland Partners is a premier real estate investment and management company that specializes in the acquisition, financing and management of multifamily and commercial business properties throughout the Mid-West United States. Timberland Partners currently owns approximately 8,000 apartment homes and over 500,000 square feet of commercial space.
Due to continued growth we are looking for a Maintenance Supervisor at our Grand Ridge location. This apartment community has 101 units and is located in Cedar Rapids, IA. The ideal candidate is dedicated, enthusiastic, and a creative individual that is able to multi-task, and adapt well to a fast paced, high volume environment.
Some of the Benefits of being a team member at Timberland Partners are:
- Stability – Since 1992 Timberland Partners has developed a reputation for the successful identification, acquisition and management of properties that continue to provide a solid financial foundation. We are committed to hard work, dedication, and teamwork to successfully execute our business strategy.
- Career Growth – We invest in our employees! One of our core values is to provide each employee the opportunity to excel. That means you have access to on-going training, career development programs, and an environment designed to help you grow professionally.
- Compensation – As a member of the Timberland Partners team you can count on a competitive compensation package. Along with an excellent salary and rent discounts, we offer a benefits package including: Medical, Dental, Life & Disability, and Paid Time Off.
The Maintenance Supervisor is responsible for all general maintenance of the apartment community. This includes routine and preventive maintenance, turnover maintenance, and other duties to maintain the property. The ideal candidate is self-motivated, customer service-oriented and has superior time management skills.
- Repairing the property including: the building exterior, grounds, mechanical systems, plumbing systems, etc.
- Establish, assign and maintain schedules regarding routine maintenance, landscaping, cleaning, painting, turnover work, etc.
- Implement and follow a preventive maintenance program
- Supervise all contract work and payments to ensure quality of the work completed
- Knowledge of the mechanical operations of all plumbing, heating, electrical, structural, and other physical attributes of the property to ensure proper repair or replacement as needed
- Ensure vacated apartments are in “make ready” condition for showing and rental in a timely manner
- Serve as on-call emergency maintenance contact as scheduled at night or on weekends and ensure compliance of staff
- Ensure work orders are completed in a timely manner consistent with Timberland Partners standards
- Adhere to and enforce Timberland Partners curb appeal standards
- Assist Community Manager in preparing annual budgets
- Operate property within established budget and notify Community Manager of any expected variations
- Keep ongoing and updated inventory of the property tools, furniture & accessories valued over $25.00
- Maintain a 30 day supply of parts to minimize trips off-site and complete work orders efficiently
- Implement controls, policies and procedures to conserve property utilities and maintain lowest costs possible
- Ensure that purchase order numbers are obtained before placing orders
- Develop and maintain good professional relationships with all neighboring properties
- Attend, when possible, all trade association meetings and seminars to keep up-to-date on trends and changing technologies
- Attend community events as needed
Will be exposed to constant activity that requires intermittent standing, bending, crouching, twisting, pushing/pulling, lifting/moving/carrying (light and heavy loads, 0lbs – 50lbs+), climbing stairs and ladders and walking on rooftops. Requires manual dexterity sufficient to operate small power tools and other equipment. Must be able to use and wear required safety equipment.
- 3+ years of general maintenance experience and at least 6+ months in a multi-family, industrial or institutional work order environment.
- High school diploma or equivalent strongly preferred, college-level/trade school preferred
- Certifications desired: CAMT, boiler license, EPA, CPO, electrical, plumbing, first aide, etc.
- Ability to troubleshoot and repair HVAC equipment, plumbing systems, electrical systems, all major appliances, pool and spa equipment and other community systems.
- Basic computer proficiency preferred
- YARDI experience preferred
Equal Opportunity Employer / Drug Free Work Place. No relocation available.
Please copy and paste the link below into a browser to apply to this opportunity:
Indeed - 13 months ago