The superintendent is responsible for the maintenance functions at his/her property. The purpose of this position is to ensure that the physical condition of the property satisfies ownership and management objective.
- Acts as a working supervisor with almost all of his/her time spend performing maintenance duties.
- Completes all resident and site work orders at the property in a timely manner and completes the relevant paperwork.
- Responsible for preventive maintenance at the property, utilizing the Company's preventive maintenance system detailing the location, item and schedule for performing all PM functions.
- Responsible for the condition and appearance of the grounds at the site.
- Responsible for being available by phone or beeper in case of emergency
- Responsible for the turnover of vacant apartments in an expeditious manner in order to avoid the loss of rental income.
- Solicits bids from contractors; makes budget recommendations and assists in controlling expenses.
Minimum 2 years of supervisory skills
Excellent communication and leadership skills
2 years of general maintenance experience required
Working knowledge of HVAC systems, electricity, plumbing, carpentry, painting and refurbishing
Anticipated Work Schedule:
8:30 to 5:00 Daily
On-call rotation schedule