Timberland Partners is currently seeking a full-time Maintenance Supervisor for our Parkers Lake location. This apartment community has 248 units and is located in Plymouth, MN.
The Maintenance Supervisor is responsible for all general maintenance of the apartment community. This includes routine and preventive maintenance, turnover maintenance, and other duties to maintain the property. The ideal candidate is self-motivated, customer service-oriented and has superior time management skills.
The Maintenance Supervisor is responsible for all general maintenance of the apartment community. This includes, but is not limited to the following:
- Repairing the property including: the building exterior, grounds, mechanical systems, plumbing systems, etc.
- Establish, assign and maintain schedules regarding routine maintenance, landscaping, cleaning, painting, turnover work, etc.
- Implement and follow a preventive maintenance program
- Supervise all contract work and payments to ensure quality of the work completed
- Knowledge of the mechanical operations of all plumbing, heating, electrical, structural, and other physical attributes of the property to ensure proper repair or replacement as needed
- Ensure vacated apartments are in “make ready” condition for showing and rental in a timely manner
- Serve as on-call emergency maintenance contact as scheduled at night or on weekends and ensure compliance of staff
- Ensure work orders are completed in a timely manner consistent with Timberland Partners standards
- Adhere to and enforce Timberland Partners curb appeal standards
- Assist Community Manager in preparing annual budgets
- Operate property within established budget and notify Community Manager of any expected variations
- Keep ongoing and updated inventory of the property tools, furniture & accessories valued over $25.00
- Maintain a 30 day supply of parts to minimize trips off-site and complete work orders efficiently
- Implement controls, policies and procedures to conserve property utilities and maintain lowest costs possible
- Ensure that purchase order numbers are obtained before placing orders
- Develop & maintain good professional relationships with all neighboring properties
- Attend, when possible, all trade association meetings and seminars to keep up-to-date on trends and changing technologies
- Attend community events as needed
Will be exposed to constant activity that requires intermittent standing, bending, crouching, twisting, pushing/pulling, lifting/moving/carrying (light and heavy loads, 0lbs – 50lbs+), climbing stairs and ladders and walking on rooftops. Requires manual dexterity sufficient to operate small power tools and other equipment. Must be able to use and wear required safety equipment.
- 5+ years of general maintenance experience in a multi-family, industrial or institutional work order environment.
- 3+ years of supervisory experience
- High school diploma or equivalent strongly preferred, college-level/trade school preferred
- Certifications desired: CRMT, boiler license, EPA, CPO, electrical, plumbing, first aide, etc.
- Ability to troubleshoot and repair HVAC equipment, plumbing systems, electrical systems, all major appliances, pool and spa equipment and other community systems.
- Basic computer proficiency preferred
- YARDI experience preferred
- Knowledge of Fair Housing regulations
We offer a competitive salary, rent discounts, performance bonus, benefits package including: Medical, Dental, Life & Disability, Paid Time Off, 401(K), Flexible Spending Accounts, and more.
We are an equal opportunity employer and support a drug free workplace.
Please send your pay requirements along with your cover letter and resume. No relocation available.
Indeed - 20 months ago