Due to continued growth we are looking for a Maintenance Technician at our Crestbruck Park location. This apartment community has 240 units and is located in Ankeny, IA. The ideal candidate is dedicated, enthusiastic, and a creative individual that is able to multi-task, and adapt well to a fast paced, high volume environment.
Some of the Benefits of being a team member at Timberland Partners are:
- Stability – Since 1992 Timberland Partners has developed a reputation for the successful identification, acquisition and management of properties that continue to provide a solid financial foundation. We are committed to hard work, dedication, and teamwork to successfully execute our business strategy.
- Career Growth – We invest in our employees! One of our core values is to provide each employee the opportunity to excel. That means you have access to on-going training, career development programs, and an environment designed to help you grow professionally.
- Compensation – As a member of the Timberland Partners team you can count on a competitive compensation package. Along with an excellent salary and rent discounts, we offer a benefits package including: Medical, Dental, Life & Disability, and Paid Time Off.
The Maintenance Technician is responsible for all general maintenance of the apartment community.
Major responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Completes work orders and other community maintenance
- Ensures the complete resolution of all assigned work orders
- Adheres to the highest level of customer service and quality standards
- Strives to make the community appearance at or above quality standards at all times, including picking up trash, cleaning buildings and amenities on an ongoing basis
- Throughout the day, looks for needed maintenance and liability hazards and reports them to Manager
- Prepares vacant apartments for move in
- Reviews the make-ready board and follows through on direction from the manager to determine action to be taken on vacant apartments
- Makes all repairs and replacements necessary for the apartment to be occupied
- Required to work odd schedules and be on call
- Adheres to all safety policies and procedures
- Attends community events as needed
- Will be exposed to constant activity that requires intermittent standing, bending, crouching, twisting, pushing/pulling, lifting/moving/carrying (light and heavy loads, 0lbs – 50lbs+), climbing stairs and ladders and walking on rooftops. Requires manual dexterity sufficient to operate small power tools and other equipment. Must be able to use and wear required safety equipment.
- 1+ years of general maintenance experience
- EPA universal license for HVAC
- Knowledge of Fair Housing regulations
- Ability to troubleshoot and repair HVAC equipment, plumbing systems, electrical systems, all major appliances
- High school diploma or equivalent strongly preferred, college-level/trade school preferred
- Basic computer proficiency preferred
Equal Opportunity Employer / Drug Free Work Place. No relocation available.
Please copy and paste the link below into a browser to apply to this opportunity: