The IT Manager’s role is to ensure the streamlined operation of the IT Department in alignment with the business objectives of the organization. This individual will plan, coordinate, direct, and design IT-related activities of the organization, as well as provide administrative direction and support for daily operational activities of the IT department. The IT Manager will work closely with decision makers in other departments to identify, recommend, develop, implement, and support cost-effective technology solutions for all aspects of the organization. This person will also define and implement IT policies, procedures, and best practices.
Strategy & Planning
- Lead IT Department operational and strategic planning, including fostering innovation, planning projects, and organizing and negotiating the allocation of resources.
Acquisition & Deployment
- Benchmark, analyze, report on, and make recommendations for the improvement and growth of the IT infrastructure and IT systems.
- Manage financial aspects of the IT Department, including purchasing, budgeting, and budget review.
- Develop business case justifications and cost/benefit analyses for IT spending and initiatives.
- Develop and implement all IT policies and procedures, including those for architecture, security, disaster recovery, standards, purchasing, and service provision.
- Develop requests for proposal.
- Negotiate and administer vendor, outsourcer, and consultant contracts and service agreements.
- Manage the deployment, monitoring, maintenance, development, upgrade, and support of all IT systems, including servers, PCs, operating systems, hardware, software, and peripherals.
- Oversee provision of end-user services, including help desk and technical support services.
- Oversees troubleshooting, systems backups, archiving, and disaster recovery and provides expert support when necessary
- Work with stakeholders to define business and systems requirements for new technology implementations.
- Direct research on potential technology solutions in support of procurement efforts.
- Keep current with the latest technologies.
- Approve and oversee projects and project portfolio.
- Asset management for IT hardware, software, and equipment.
- Establish and maintain regular written and in-person communications with the organization’s executives, department heads, and end users regarding pertinent IT activities.
- Manages and develops upgrades to the company's telephone system at the regional level.
- Oversees all telephone changes, including routing for seating assignments.
- Serves as main point of contact on all IT-related matters for the office assigned.
- Effectively communicates relevant IT-related information to superiors
- Must have an effective communication controlling a team without any problem.
- Degree in information technology or work related field experience.
- 10-15 years of experience working in a IT operation.
- Strong project management skills
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills and presentation skills
- Excellent leadership, teamwork and client service skills
- Considerable knowledge of business theory, business processes, management, budgeting, and business office operations.
- Substantial exposure to data processing, hardware platforms, enterprise software applications, and outsourced systems.
- Good understanding of computer systems characteristics, features, and integration capabilities.
- Experience with systems design and development from business requirements analysis through to day-to-day management.
- Proven experience in IT planning, organization, and development.
- Excellent understanding of project management principles.
- Superior understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives.
- Demonstrated ability to apply IT in solving business problems.
- In-depth knowledge of applicable laws and regulations as they relate to IT.
About Brand USA
Brand USA was established by the Travel Promotion Act in 2010 to spearhead the nation's first global marketing effort to promote the United States as a premier travel destination and to communicate U.S. entry/exit policies and procedures to worldwide travelers. Formed as the Corporation for Travel Promotion, the public-private entity began operations in May 2011 and does business as Brand USA. Brand USA works in close partnership with the travel industry to maximize the economic and social benefits of travel. The program's activities are funded at no cost to US. taxpayers through a combination of private-sector investment and matching funds collected by the U.S. Government from international visitors
Brand USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to hiring, developing and maintaining a diverse workforce without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, family responsibilities, matriculation, physical handicap, or political affiliation.
About Brand USA
Brand USA was established by the Travel Promotion Act in 2010 to spearhead the nation's first global marketing effort to...