Downtown is the heart and soul of Davenport, Iowa, and within this urban core resides our community’s unique character, history, and future. Downtown Davenport is a hub for entertainment, business, art and culture, shopping, and civic service. If you are passionate about Davenport, then we have the job for you!
The Manager of Operations, Downtown Davenport Partnership (DDP), leads downtown beautification and maintenance efforts while assisting with downtown business relations and government affairs.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
1. Business Relations & Government Affairs
- Coordinates regular outreach meetings with downtown business and property owners
- Manages Façade Grant applications via Business Retention & Recruitment Committee
- Serves as DDP’s primary contact with the City Public Works Director; builds and maintains successful partnerships with the City for public improvements downtown
- Assists in DDP’s governmental advocacy efforts related to the annual work plan and 10 year strategic plan
- Assists in recruitment and retention of downtown businesses
- Supports DDP marketing and PR efforts
2. Downtown Beautification, Maintenance and Project Management
- Supervises staff and manages equipment, supplies and inventory to ensure routine maintenance of downtown plantings and year-round cleanliness of public right-of-way
- Coordinates installation and maintenance of downtown assets and streetscape (light poles, trees, benches, etc.)
- Provides staff leadership to the Downtown Davenport Partnership Streetscape Committee
- Provides project management for a variety of streetscape and building improvements
- Coordinates downtown holiday lighting display
- Coordinates with NETS officers to report safety issues and City inspectors to identify problem properties
- Provides set-up assistance for DDP annual events, including Street Fest, Red White & Boom, and River Roots Live
Performs other related duties as required.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Public Relations, or related field
- 3+ years of experience in related field
- Experience with budget cost analysis and budget preparation
- Non-profit experience a plus
Characteristics, Skills & Qualities:
- Ability to manage multiple initiatives and projects simultaneously
- Ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational, time management and follow-through skills
- Ability to build and maintain effective work relationships both internally and externally
- Availability to occasionally work non-traditional hours (early AM; evenings, weekends, holidays)
- Ability to coach, mentor, train and supervise seasonal employees
- Knowledge of programs and activities of the Chamber, taking initiative to educate him/herself on programs and events and their relevance to downtown stakeholders
- Willingness to face difficult topics and situations head-on, without procrastination
- Demonstrable integrity and professionalism in keeping with Chamber standards of conduct
- Ability to be pragmatic without compromising principles and high standards of performance
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, and Power Point
- Experience with updating website content a plus
- Must be able to operate standard office equipment, including telephone, calculator, computer, printer, fax, and copier.
Must be able to lift 25 to 50 pounds on an infrequent basis. Also required is the ability to listen, hear, speak, read, climb stairs, bend, stoop, and stand for intermittently long periods of time. Must be able to use a computer to accomplish a variety of job tasks.
Check out who we are and what we do at http://downtowndavenport.com
Indeed - 18 months ago
The Quad Cities Chamber of Commerce is the community and economic development organization serving western Illinois and eastern Iowa. As the...