At Puget Sound Energy (PSE) we have a long tradition of service, and an exciting and innovative future ahead!
Consider PSE for the next step in your career.
Please apply online at www.pse.com/careers.
Manager Risk Control, Analytics and Credit #33668
Puget Sound Energy’s Finance department is looking for a Manager Risk Control, Analytics and Credit reporting to the Company’s Treasurer. This is a unique opportunity to direct the entire mid-office risk function of a leading gas and electric utility company with a diverse and complex resource mix. This role leads a staff of eight to ten employees responsible for the mid-office control functions associated with the Company’s energy procurement, energy hedging and energy portfolio optimization activities, such as:
- Ensure that energy trasactions are properly recorded and reported
- Measure and monitor front-office personnel’s performance relative to the company’s risk policy, procedures and established benchmarks
- Administer the Company’s energy risk policy
Anaytics and Valuation
- Model and validate forward price curves
- Create and maintain energy asset valuation models
- Develop and interpret portfolio risk exposure values (P&L, VaR/MaR) and sensitivity measures (Delta, Gamma, Vega, Theta and Rho)
- Analyze financial and operating condition of trading counterparties to recommend internal ratings and credit limits
- Measure, analyze, monitor and mitigate counterparty credit exposure
- Directly negotiate credit-related aspects of energy master agreements
This is an opportunity to play an integral role within PSE to help us better serve the environment, our customers and the communities they live in by enabling us to make informed and responsible business decisions. PSE provides a place where all employees are valued, respected and provided with the opportunity to achieve maximum performance. We offer a comprehensive pay package that includes competitive compensation, annual goals-based incentive bonuses, comprehensive cafeteria-style benefits, attractive 401(K) plan, a company paid retirement pension plan, a generous paid time off package, and an employee assistance and wellness program. Display your energy to do great things through a career with Puget Sound Energy!
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience in relevant field (such as business, economics, finance, etc.)
- 8 years progressive risk control, risk analytics and/or credit experience.
- Ability to review company position reports and financial data to understand the various risk components and apply risk management techniques to manage financial and physical risks.
- Familiarity with dynamic portfolio risk analysis, including scenario testing, earnings at risk and other portfolio risk testing methodologies.
- Strong oral, written and presentation skills are required to explain risk reports to a diverse group including direct reports, peers, executives, officers, committees, and external parties.
- Strong leadership skills in order to direct meetings, organize work efforts, and lead projects.
- Willingness and ability to independently make sound risk management decisions under intense time pressure.
- Demonstrated experience with Microsoft Excel, Access and Word.
- Solid working knowledge of the utility industry and energy risk control policies and procedures.
- Management experience. [we already mention strong leadership as a required qualification above]
- Ability to perform quantitative analysis to review portfolio hedging decisions.
- Strong knowledge of forecasting and optimization models for gas and electric resources such as hydroelectric, wind, thermal and gas storage assets.
PSE is an Equal Opportunity employer. We encourage persons of diverse backgrounds to apply. Please apply online at www.pse.com/careers.
A sound investment, Puget Energy is the holding company for one of Washington State's largest utilities, Puget Sound Energy. The...