This position will be responsible for implementing, managing, and monitoring a worldwide Vendor and Sourcing Program. This position will support the vendor relationship owners in managing the existing vendor base, and serve as a coordination point for all vendor management activities. Primary responsibilities include building a database of vendor information, and taking specific action to assess risk and identify opportunities to create cost savings through renegotiating contracts, consolidating common activities among similar vendors and eliminating unneeded services.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Perform spend analytics functions to identify spend “universe” and identify vendors that need to be managed
- Coordinate cross-functional vendor risk management exercises on key vendors
- Partner with internal clients to identify areas where vendor management is most needed
- Perform ongoing monitoring and measurement of vendor risk items and manage vendor performance against contracted terms and conditions
- Conduct on-site vendor reviews when required
- Identify areas of opportunity to cut costs with existing strategic vendors by renegotiating contracts, consolidating activities or reducing products or services that are procured
- Serve as a single coordination point for overall enterprise vendor management activity while acting as a resource to the various day to day owners of vendor execution
- Monitor key metrics for vendor performance, risk levels and cost savings that are created
- Develop an understanding of the various departments and functions that take place at AXIS on a global level
- Keep abreast of market trends, evaluate and recommend departmental process improvements.
- Lead negotiations and contracting activities with vendors, minimizing risk and maximizing potential cost savings while allowing flexibility to adapt to the changing organizational requirements.
- Skill in developing, interpreting and implementing internal policies, procedures and regulations
- Develop contractor performance measures and manages evaluations by analyzing overall performance, identifying key performance indicators, and composing vendor/contractor ratings
- Prepare and present reports by compiling, reviewing, and analyzing data and providing written and/or oral reports to management
- Develop strategic planning for the vendor management function and deliver results to meet corporate objectives.
- Understand the entire procurement cycle and provide assistance to the business on vendor identification, transition, and oversight.
Required Education/Training & Experience:
- BA/BS degree in business or related discipline required. MBA preferred.
- At least 10 years work experience in procurement, sourcing, supplier/vendor management, and/or insurance management required.
- Experience in workflow management and process improvement
- Knowledge of contracts, e.g. contract development, business language, terms, conditions, etc.
- Procurement methods and procedures including buying, quality and service assurance, contract administration and contract law.
- Certified Purchasing Manager (C.P.M.) or Certified in Supply Management (CSM) designation desired.
Other desired skills and characteristics:
- Expert negotiation skills and executive level communication skills
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Data management – ability to create reports and identify trends
- Strong team player with the ability to support teams across organizational and geographic boundaries
Indeed - 23 months ago
copy to clipboard
AXIS Capital is the Bermuda-based holding company of the AXIS group of companies. AXIS Capital provides specialty insurance and reinsurance...