American Student Assistance® (ASA) is seeking an energetic, undergraduate intern to join our Marketing & Product Development team. The Market Research intern will gain valuable, hands-on experience in brand management and product development of SALT SM , a membership program that was created to help students take charge of their finances during college and beyond. Our interns attend staff meetings, and contribute to marketing, social media and product development strategy, as well as work and meet with fellow interns for skill development projects and events throughout the program. This is a paid internship and candidate needs to be able to work 15-25 hours per week over a three month engagement.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS (e.g., in order to be considered to perform this position, the person must be able to perform essential duties and responsibilities listed below):
ADDITIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Identify internal & external resources for competitive intelligence.
- Review competitive websites & social media presence, analyze & report on findings.
- Work with Market Research Manager to identify and compile national statistics.
- Serve as an ad-hoc voice of student when activities in Online Community are being developed to make sure tone is on point.
- Assist with additional research projects as assigned.
It is the responsibility of each associate at ASA to keep current with and apply all relevant company policies, regulations and laws impacting his/her area. This includes following standard operating procedures and complying with data privacy. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function listed above satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made in certain circumstances to enable individuals with qualified disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Participation in ASA’s skill development programs for Interns.
- Participate in Marketing & Product Development strategy meetings.
- Provide an end user point of view, opinions and feedback on Marketing and Product Development initiatives in a constructive manner.
- Working towards a Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Political Science, Psychology or Business preferred
- Strong Microsoft Office skills (Word, Excel PowerPoint, MS Project)
- Experience with SQL , SPSS or SAS (additional statistical software experience) is a plus
- Experience with online analytic tools is a plus
While the above is a description of the essential functions of the position, other duties, both related and unrelated to the above, may be assigned and therefore required. Unless otherwise specified in writing by ASA management, each associate is expected to perform his/her job at ASA headquarters at 100 Cambridge Street. All job descriptions are subject to change at the discretion of management, and every effort will be made, when possible, to communicate those changes to the associate.
- Ability to multi-task and work efficiently in a dynamic, demanding environment
- Strong quantitative skills and a passion for gathering and analyzing data
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- Must be flexible, hard-working and willing to learn
- Must be able to work under pressure
- Ability to work with various levels within the organization
- Ability to communicate research methods into basic terms and to all knowledge levels
- Proficient with Facebook, Twitter, Foursquare, and comparable social networks
- Familiarity with saltmoney.org, blog.saltmoney.org and asa.org preferred
- Passion about higher education or non-profit marketing is always a plus!
American Student Assistance - 2 years ago
Don't know how you're going to pay for college? You might want to consult ASA, ASAP. American Student Assistance is a private nonprofit...