Established Albany-based law firm with offices across upstate New York and metropolitan Washington, DC is seeking a Marketing Associate. This is an opportunity to join one of the fastest growing law firms in the country (rated by INC Magazine). The firm is also recognized as one of Albany's Best Places to Work by the Business Review.
The Marketing Associate is responsible for the execution of aggressive marketing initiatives and reports to the Director of Marketing. This position assists in the client development efforts of the firm by coordinating strategic positioning, business development, and communications initiatives.
Day to day activities entail managing projects and working in an extremely fast paced environment marketing complex areas of law. The ideal candidate will be responsible for generating new business revenue.
The position also involves marketing activities related to media relations, writing, communications, event planning, and business development. Candidate must demonstrate excellent project management skills and the ability to successfully interact with a diverse group of attorneys, staff, and clients.
Qualifications and Experience
1. Must possess a Bachelor's Degree.
2. 2 to 3 years of experience in marketing or related field, preferably in a professional services firm.
3. Must be a self starter, pro-active and able to take the lead on tasks with minimal direction.
4. Demonstrated success managing projects in a results-oriented environment
5. Must possess very strong writing skills and have the ability to grasp and interpret legal concepts.
6. Exceptional verbal communication skills.
7. Strong analytic and organizational skills.
8. Exceptional grasp of Microsoft Office suite.
9. Experience in a law firm is not required.
1. Create and implement marketing plans that will generate new business for the firm's attorneys.
2. Implement the firm's strategic public relations campaigns -- including the distribution of press releases.
3. Identify, plan, coordinate, and manage legal webinars, seminars and events.
4. Implement strategic business development initiatives.
5. Oversee the implementation of targeted direct mailings and E-mail campaigns.
6. Draft web content, press releases and practice area brochures.
7. Draft regular updates to firm website and social media, including attorney bios, practice descriptions and client alerts.
8. Assist with planning and procurement of speaking engagements.
9. Manage day-to-day operations and work product within the marketing department. Prepare final drafts of work product for review by the Director of Marketing.
Interested applicants should send resume and cover letter, work samples, and salary requirements via email. Please also indicate where you saw this job posting.
Responses to this ad with omitted requirements will not be considered.
Salary will be determined based on experience and education. Benefits include firm subsidized medical coverage, dental, 401K, standard vacation and holidays.