Title: Marketing Coordinator
1. The Marketing Coordinator is a full-time, hourly position that reports to the department manager.
2. The Marketing Coordinator is responsible for overseeing the details and implementation of major events for the organization under the direction of the department manager.
3. The Marketing Coordinator will conduct full range of activities required to promote RMHC programs in the Central Valley community as directed by the department manager.
Department: Marketing & Communications (70)
Nature of Work: Event Planning & logistics
Solicit donations & sponsorship
Responsibilities: Duties include, but are not limited to the following (other duties may be assigned):
- Shall oversee details of major fundraising events while adhering to each event budget.
- Maintain record keeping of all events in Exceed/master binders including vendors, donors, timelines, auction items, and monies raised.
- Responsible for coordinating volunteers for each event with Volunteer Coordinator.
- Support in maintaining donor relations with current and potential event sponsors.
- Responsible for soliciting or connecting new donors to RMHC events.
- Coordinate committee meetings and other presentations with staff or other volunteers under the direction of the department manager.
- Solicit in-kind goods & services for events such as silent & live auctions, decorations, equipment, discount, etc.
- Coordinate event correspondence such as “thank you” letters and donor recognition with Executive Assistant.
- Works with Marketing & Communications Manager to produce post event evaluation for each fundraiser.
- Coordinates third party fundraising events as directed by department manager.
- Ensures all third party fundraisers are following RMHC fundraising guidelines including a complete fundraising application.
- Track and coordinate RADAR reports with key staff members for RMHC Global.
- Administer Meals of the Heart Program in partnership with Children’s Hospital Central California.
- Assist in accurately tracking statistics relevant to development and marketing with written materials necessary for donor stewardship (ethnicity, counties, & families served).
High School Diploma required
AA degree or 1-2 years of college or equivalent required
College/University degree preferred
Organizing and planning of events
Handling of monies
Knowledge of budgeting
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities (KSAs):
- Great Communication skills (oral and written)
- Organizational and planning skills
- Self-motivated and ability to fully orchestrate a special event
- Maintain accurate records
- Ability to reach out to community for support of an event
- Able to work well and train others
- Clean driving record.
The physical demands listed are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Modified “light duty” restrictions may be arranged as needed and when available for job-related injuries or illnesses.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, sit; use hands for clerical duties and keyboarding. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms; stoop and kneel.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job includes close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Acute hearing is necessary for telephone and in-person communication with callers and assisting guests, and visual acuity sufficient to read a computer screen and paper documents.