WZDC Telemundo Washington DC is searching for an outstanding candidate with demonstrated experience working in diverse market places to fill the position of Marketing Director at our Telemundo affiliate television station in Arlington, VA.
The Marketing Director oversees all aspects of the station’s marketing and promotions activities, as well as directs efforts to enhance the station’s public image and outreach to the community. The position is responsible for creating, planning and implementing all promotional, advertising, and public relations strategies of the station in order to increase audience, revenue and community awareness. The Marketing Director organizes the station’s participation in events and is oftentimes the station’s representative in the community. This position is also responsible for regularly updating the station’s website; posting information online; and coordinating web content with digital team. The Marketing Director works closely with the Sales Team and Station Manager as well as with the corporate office, and other stations’ Marketing departments in order to coordinate company-wide promotions, share ideas, strategies, and any other valuable information relevant to the company’s overall marketing strategy. The ideal candidate is a proactive, results oriented person who is always thinking of creative and novel strategies to market the station and its programming, to develop new partnerships and initiatives, and generate opportunities for business development. This position reports directly to the station’s Station Manager.
The Marketing Director has a wide variety of responsibilities within the station, ZGS and the Telemundo Network including but not limited to the following:
- Implementing Telemundo Network programming and marketing strategies
- Developing and executing the station’s signature events
- Overseeing the station’s public relations initiatives and operations
- Working with local, regional and national media partners to maximize opportunities in increase the station’s exposure. Includes managing media trade partnerships
- Creating, maintaining and leveraging community partnerships and outreach
- Supporting the station’s sales team to generate new products and initiatives
- Managing the day-to-day operations of the marketing department including the management of the marketing budget
- Bilingual Spanish/English required
- College graduate
- Excellent writing skills
- Experience working with Nielsen data highly desirable
- Creative and innovative
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with little supervision
- Experience planning and coordinating events
- Detail oriented, independent thinker
- Ability to multitask and work as a team player
Indeed - 30+ days ago
copy to clipboard
ZGS Communications is a Hispanic-owned media company, headquartered in Arlington, Virginia, that owns 9 Spanish-language television...