Earthwatch Institute is an international, non-profit organization that engages people worldwide in scientific field research and education to promote the understanding and action necessary for a sustainable environment. Through innovative programs and collaborative field research projects, we catalyze action and resources necessary to conserve the environment while supporting the delivery of the sustainability strategies of our corporate partners.
Earthwatch generates revenue via contributions from individual and corporate donors, as well as by offering more than 50 expeditions on field research projects all over the world that support our mission to paying participants. Earthwatch seeks a jack-of-all-trades Marketing Manager to develop and support cross-channel programs that drive expedition enrollment and donation generation, as well as to develop and deploy campaigns that improve organization awareness and customer engagement.
This position requires 5+ years of marketing experience, either within an agency or corporate marketing department. Ideal candidates will have extensive experience in digital marketing, including SEO, content distribution, advertising and content marketing strategy. Ideal candidates will have executed social media campaigns across platforms, and will have experience writing blogs and/or other marketing materials. Ideal candidates will have extensive experience developing and deploying email campaigns, including an understanding of new technologies. Ideal candidates will have extensive experience with print campaigns, partnering with external vendors in regards to production needs. Strong analytic skills in reporting on electronic and print programs are important. Candidate must have superb writing, which can be applied to both the scientific and travel sectors.
Candidate must be able to work independently and think creatively, be self-motivated and able to liaise effectively with people on different professional levels, and have a results-oriented work approach.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Strategy – Partner with the Director of Direct Marketing and other internal stakeholders to develop marketing strategies, tactical plans, and communication briefs; Maintain the organization’s communications calendar, overseeing campaign management for Earthwatch Expeditions, donors, teachers and students, corporates, and other audiences.
- Creative Execution – Manage the creative process for email and print campaigns, as well as collateral targeted at existing Earthwatchers and new audiences; Develop strategy; Oversee and contribute toward content creation; Assure creative developed by designers are on strategy and best-in-class; Lead accurate and timely deployment; Provide measurement and performance results of all programs.
- Digital – Maintain the social media marketing strategy for the organization; Manage and maintain the organization’s social media presence, including but not limited to owned sites on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube, but also on third-party sites across the web; Identify opportunities to distribute Earthwatch content to free and paid partner sites; Demonstrate impact of digital activities with performance metrics.
- Content Creation – Manage, maintain, and serve as a writer for Earthwatch Unlocked, the organization’s blog; Assist with copywriting for earthwatch.org, the organization’s website, as well as with other marketing materials, as necessary. (You should expect more copywriting associated with this role than with traditional Marketing Manager roles.)
- List Management – Manage mailing lists within organization database tied to direct marketing communications; Oversee merge/purge and data hygiene for communications, as appropriate; Assess and purchase acquisition lists; Work within Athena, the organization’s database to pull lists, perform basic analytic on audiences and programs, and make strategic recommendations.
Indeed - 2 years ago