Join one of the most respected companies in Silicon Valley, a leading networking company in San Jose, CA!
Our client is seeking an experienced data privacy consultant. The person hired for this role will be hired W2 or 1099/CC with our company and will work onsite at our client's location in San Jose.
- Respond to requests by data subjects to change their profiles. Requests to opt out from communications or sharing of information must be acted upon urgently, to achieve a 5-working-day turnaround for such requests, as required by law, regulation, and company policy.
- Diagnosis of customer messages to Privacy alias & from customer-facing input tools
- Create communications to customers providing updates on their requests
- Manage users and lists for Cisco’s email opt-out compliance system
- Consult with Legal on policy definition and enactment
- Consult with Marketing, Sales, Learning, Services, Customer Service, InfoSec, and Risk & Controls on Privacy questions and issues
- Consult with Acquisitions Integration, Corporate Business Development, and IT teams on policies and practices for integrating acquired companies’ Marketing processes, vendors, and data * Analyze, document, and optimize business processes for Marketing Foundation Data operations and client organizations
- Create communications to client audiences in IT, Marketing, Sales, Legal, Risk & Controls
- Proven analytic and problem solving skills
- Case management experience
- Ability to address relevant facts, identify alternative approaches, and recommend solutions to management and peers
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and facilitation skills
- Ability to resolve conflict and drive results
- Excellent follow-through ability
- Ability to learn the details of the marketing system, data, and related processes
- Ability to become expert on the details of global legislation on and regulation of: Collection, storage, use, and transfer of personal information; Telemarketing; Email; Cookies & related technologies; Online behavioral advertising; Social networking/media and user-generated content
- Exposure to European Union legal & regulatory framework
- Database marketing experience
- Degree in Business
- Certified Information Privacy Professional
- Experience in a legal/regulatory compliance environment
Indeed - 16 months ago