CNC Lathe S/U & Operator
Southco, Inc. the leading global manufacturer of access hardware is currently seeking a motivated and team-oriented candidate for the position of Master - Tool & Die Maker. The open position may be located on either first (6:30am-3pm) or second shift (2:30pm-11pm). Candidates should possess the following skills:
Master Stamping Die Toolmaker
Looking for a master level stamping toolmaker with hands on experience in CAD and CAM to lead the building of progressive dies, compound dies, draw dies, unit dies, multi-slides and prototypes. This person need to possess a complete and comprehensive understanding of the stamping process and associated processes. Along with the necessary creative thinking when it comes to developing metal prototypes and stamping tooling.
External candidates can apply through the following link: https://NACareers-southco.icims.com
Criteria for the Position:
- 10 plus years of hands on and the management of the designing and building stamping dies and prototypes in 3D CAD / CAM Environment.
- Excellent leadership skill in overseeing and managing the build process and resources to meet project time lines and cost
- Strong computer skills to manage emails, create Microsoft office documents, manage time system and CAD/CAM
- CNC Programming Experience in Mastercam X6, NX 7.5 or equivalent software(s)
- Operation and the running of Prototracks mills and CNC mills
- Ability to surface grind tooling components and plates in both dry and wet applications
- Full understanding of the capabilities of Wire EDM process
- Tool Design review input skills and DFM skills for dies and prototypes
- Building tooling of prototypes, gages and fixtures.
- The necessary leadership skills to step in and take on existing projects with little or minimal input from others
- Trouble shooting new or existing dies, fixtures and processes and recommend solutions
- Knowledge of operation of punch presses and the ability to run them during trouble shooting and debugging a die.
- Understanding of die operation to produce product in cold roll steel, 4130 steel, stainless steel and aluminum ranging from 0.50mm to 10.00mm
- Working toolmaker knowledge for the following types of steel 4130, 4140, A2, D2, S7, M2, M4, CPM 3V, and CPM 10V.
- Heat Treating Processes for following types of steel 4130, 4140, A2, D2, S7, M2, M4, CPM 3V, and CPM 10V.
- Working toolmaker knowledge of Tig Welding
Selected Candidates will receive comprehensive benefits and salary including: Health insurance w/prescription drug, dental, and vision; Tuition Assistance; 401k plan and Employee stock ownership plan.
Applications can be submitted via: https://NACareers-southco.icims.com or by replying to the email link below.
Indeed - 14 months ago