Join the fastest growing, privately owned bedding retailer in Houston!
Mattress Overstock is a Houston based, family owned and operated company with 16 locations and more on the way. Our team is committed to providing the best experience for customers and employees alike!
Right now, Mattress Overstock is hiring for full times sales positions with training for store management. We offer an excellent pay structure and plenty of room for advancement. The time could not be better to join our team!
As a sales person and manager, duties and responsibilities include:
- Leading their customers through the sales process of selecting, coordinating and purchasing a mattress.
- Understanding merchandise features and benefits.
- Striving to meet sales goals and covering their personal draw in a commission based sales environment.
- Providing the highest Customer Service standards while maintaining a professional demeanor and personal presentation at all times.
- Maintaining the company's visual merchandise standards within each department and the overall store, including general housekeeping cleanliness.
- Assisting in overall store operations, maintaining inventory levels and instructing staff and customers on current marketing promotions.
- Acting as manager-on-duty when Store Manager is not on premises.
- Opening and/or close the store.
- Ensuring that their stores are run in accordance with company policies and applicable laws, training and coaching associates on selling techniques and issue resolution.
Sales representatives earn commission on their personal sales and are eligible for a month-end bonus. Mattress Overstock rewards performance, and there will be career advancement opportunities for successful associates as we continue to grow our business.
If a career at Mattress Overstock interests you, this job involves the following qualifications and essential functions, so you must be able to:
- Provide leadership through example; set performance examples; identify work to be done; prioritize and complete daily assignments and reach personal sales performance goals; share responsibility for meeting store sales goals.
- Meet deadlines with accuracy and demonstrate a sense of urgency.
- Interact and communicate with customers in person and on the phone; interact and communicate with co-workers and supervisors in a team environment.
- Work scheduled shift, which will include weekends and evenings.
- Read, write and perform basic math.
- Dress in business casual attire without any tattoos and/or body piercings evident.