TITLE: Manufacturing/Electrical Controls Engineer
LOCATION: Winchester, VA (75 miles west of Washington D.C.)
REPORTS TO: Corporate Engineering Manager
Provide leadership in the development, design and implementation of electrical controls systems to support manufacturing operations in meeting and/or exceeding established goals.
- Successfully manage projects from inception to completion without frequent direct supervision. Responsible for reporting activities and results to management.
- Identify, develop, plan, and implement capital projects with a focus on control systems.
- Research and present new technologies targeting improved process control and automation.
- Plan, direct and supervise Engineers and plant personnel in support of ongoing operations and projects. Responsibilities include new product and process implementations with a focus on continuous improvement. Lead cross functional teams.
- Serve as liaison between Corporate Engineering and manufacturing plants.
- Conduct Capacity Modeling and equipment capability studies.
- Conduct all activities and behave in a method that is strictly consistent with the Company’s C.I.T.E. Principles and “Supporting Values” while striving to help the Company achieve its Vision.
- AutoCAD required with Inventor/3D proficiency a plus.
- B.S. degree in Engineering; Electrical or Mechanical Engineering preferred
- 5+ years manufacturing engineering experience; wood related preferred.
- Experience in PLC’s, Drives, Servos, robotics and support systems (HMI, SCADA, etc.)
- Lead projects in a plant involving all levels of employees with measurable results.
- Prior TPM and Lean certification is a plus.
- Learn new concepts and pass the knowledge along to others in classroom setting/practical environment.
- Highly energized and self-motivated with experience working with teams to implement change. Adept at communicating with all levels to get buy-in.
Relocation assistance is provided. Bonus opportunity is part of the total compensation package.
Kindly include salary goals with resume.
Indeed - 19 months ago
American Woodmark Corporation is a leading manufacturer and distributor of kitchen and bath cabinets for the remodeling and new home...