At Puget Sound Energy (PSE) we have a long tradition of service, and an exciting and innovative future ahead!
Consider PSE for the next step in your career.
Media Engagement Lead #33475
Puget Sound Energy’s Corporate Communications Department is looking for a Media Engagement Lead to join our team! The Media Engagement Lead will be responsible for planning and implementing a proactive media engagement strategy, which will include customer storm communicaitons, public relations campaigns, establishing and maintaining media relationships, and placing news stories in key markets. This position is also responsible for developing and managing activities that support key initiatives and marketing and communications efforts and ensuring the PSE brand is well articulated in a common voice across all media communications.
This is an excellent opportunity to play an integral role within PSE to help us better serve the environment, our customers and the communities in which they live. PSE provides an environment where all employees are valued, respected and provided with the opportunity to achieve maximum performance. We offer a comprehensive pay package that includes competitive compensation, annual goals-based incentive bonuses, comprehensive cafeteria-style benefits, 401(K), a company paid retirement pension plan and an employee assistance and wellness program. Gain the energy to do great things through a career with Puget Sound Energy!
- Provides employees with coaching, feedback, and developmental opportunities and building effective teams.
- Implements core elements of the media engagement strategy including: develops and manages relationships with key constituents, including editors, news reporters and public relations/information counterparts with companies, agencies and other stakeholders important to the company; persuasively pitches stories to key media and other audiences to obtain maximum public opportunities, delivers presentations to external and internal audiences to communicate the company’s strategy and key messages, serves as a media spokesperson and member of the department’s 24/7 media response team and works collaboratively with other departments and communications managers to develop appropriate and proactive media engagement strategies, messages and vehicles.
- Develops and oversees implementation of the work plan of the communication strategies, plans and activities associated with managing and enhancing the company's corporate reputation. This requires close collaboration with other department managers to ensure seamless responses to critical situations, proactive approaches to effective media engagement and integration with online and interactive communication platforms.
- Assists in development and implementation of the corporate brand promise and strategies for ensuring that promise is conveyed in a compelling manner to internal and external audiences.
- Contributes towards identification of continuous improvement opportunities within the communications department .
- Contributes towards development of annual department budget and performance goals.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, media, journalism or related field, and 7 years related work experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Understands the importance and value of earned media and proactive strategies to obtain the right placement and positioning with key outlets.
- Ability to develop collaborative communications opportunities that result in stronger media relationships.
- Proven experience developing, managing and evaluating a proactive and strategic media engagement strategy and work plan.
- Ability to work in a consultative manner to anticipate and proactively clarify executive level communication needs
- Track record of innovation and creative thinking.
- Proven experience managing successful high-profile projects that involve multiple business functions.
- Proven experience in managing complex projects with cross-functional teams and in an ever-changing and fast-paced environment.
- Practical and successful application of techniques and processes to create a consistent and common voice across connected and individual media communications.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Skills and experience in collaboration and team building.
- Professional level competencies necessary to comprehend, analyze, and influence a wide range of complex business units and corporate-wide initiatives and issues.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and manage multiple priorities and irregular schedule commitments.
- Proficient in MS Office tools.
- Advanced degree in strategic leadership or management.
- Established network of media contacts and relationships.
- Broad knowledge of gas and electric utility rates, business objectives, to include operations, customer service, finance, and corporate relations.
PSE offers a highly competitive compensation and benefits package. PSE is an Equal Opportunity employer. We encourage persons of diverse backgrounds to apply.
Please apply online at http://www.PSE.com/careers
Indeed - 18 months ago
A sound investment, Puget Energy is the holding company for one of Washington State's largest utilities, Puget Sound Energy. The...