- Write, edit and disseminate press releases including stakes previews, stakes recaps, barn notes, general NYRA releases and human interest stories.
- Visit the barn area to gather information from trainers and find potential stories.
- Obtain quotes from jockeys, trainers, and owners directly after stakes races.
- Develop and place stories beyond traditional racing media.
- Facilitate media coverage by assisting reporters with research, setting up interviews, troubleshooting broadcast media production details, escorting TV crews.
- Assist in creation of Communications Office publications such as media guides, press kits and image pieces.
- Assist in maintenance of communications contact database and media lists.
- College degree in Communications, Journalism, or related discipline.
- Must have a working knowledge of the thoroughbred racing industry.
The New York Racing Association, Inc. is a private, non-profit association that owns and operates the three largest racetracks in New York:...