Job Title: Medical Coding Instructor (Full-Time)
Division: Health & Human Services
Location: Lakeshore Technical College ~ Cleveland, Wisconsin
Employment and Work Schedule:
Contract Dates: July-June
New Professional Staff Orientation
Flexible day/evening/weekend hours based upon the needs of the college
Provide instruction to students in Medical Coding program courses at Lakeshore Technical College. Responsible for placing learning first and providing educational experiences for learners in various formats, schedules, and in various places in accordance with the mission of the college inclusive of: facilitating learning, assessing student performance, as well as instruction and outcomes, developing and maintaining current/relevant course materials, and communicating with the community, other schools, the college, the division, and team members. Teaching/training in business and industry may be assigned.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent with education or training preparing the individual for the occupational area being taught.
- A minimum of two years (4,000 hours) of recent related occupational experience.
- Experience with computer assisted instruction and software.
- Working knowledge of PC software in a windows environment.
- Must be innovative and able to collaborate with other staff for developing curriculum for classroom instruction.
- Must be well motivated and have a strong interest in contributing to the success of the College.
- Positive human relations and effective written and oral communication skills essential.
- Exemplify college values in all staff and student interactions as well as services delivered.
- Master’s degree preferred. If no Bachelor’s or Master’s degree, individual hired will be required to enroll in an accredited degree program in a related discipline.
- Two years teaching experience desirable.
- Medical Coder certification through a recognized agency.
- Experience in delivering instruction by alternative methods such as instructional television or online.
- Possess excellent classroom delivery skills, which encourage success and participation on the part of students.
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships with staff, students, and the general public.
- Ability to relate successfully with students, staff, and general public of diverse cultural, social or educational backgrounds.
** Fluent, bilingual individual is desirable.
*Note: Meeting the minimum requirements does not guarantee an interview for a position.
Employment Opportunity: Medical Coding Instructor (Full-Time) (Continued…)
Conditions of Employment
- Employment conditional on completion of a Background Information Disclosure (BID) and the results acceptable to the College.
- Must meet and maintain Wisconsin Technical College System certification requirements.
Salary Expectation: Per Salary Schedule
Health Insurance Wisconsin Retirement System (WRS) Holidays
Dental Insurance Employee Assistance Program (EAP) Health Reimbursement Account (HRA)
Long Term Care Insurance Paid Leave of Absence (PLOA) Flexible Spending Program
Long Term Disability Professional Development On-Site Child Care Center
Life Insurance Sabbatical Wellness/Fitness Center
Recruitment Period: Beginning: Friday, February 15, 2013
Closing: Until position is filled
Online Application Process
Please visit www.gotoltc.edu, select the ‘Job Seekers’ link, choose ‘Create/Edit Employment Application’, and follow the online application process instructions. To be considered a position, the LTC online application must be completed in its entirety and submitted. For additional assistance, please contact Human Resources at 920.693.1863.