DUTIES: Under administrative direction of Executive Director, accountable for planning, initiating and maintaining quality standards for patient care in all clinical areas. Provide patient care services in given specialty.
- Recommend and initiate approved clinical programs to meet community healthcare needs; provide guidance to Administration in developing new patient care services and techniques; conduct evaluation studies of program(s) effectiveness and appropriateness.
- Recruit, screen, recommend, hire and orient providers; conduct regularly scheduled physicians meetings; provide necessary in-service education; evaluate work performance and recommend appropriate personnel actions for physicians; accountable for supervising all medical providers directly or through subordinates.
- Provide professional liaison with outside facilities for establishing relationships for provision of patient care, teaching/training programs, and demonstration research projects, etc., reporting recommendations to the Executive Director and/or the Board of Directors.
- Plan, develop and implement comprehensive quality assurance program for the Center to ensure high quality of services provided in accordance with applicable policies, protocols, and procedures. Establish professional standards for physicians and providers; monitor performance against standards, taking appropriate corrective actions. Chair Quality Assurance Committee.
- Develop and assist in implementing all necessary patient care policies, nurse practitioner and triage protocols.
- Investigate and report on all patient complaints regarding quality of services, professional competence, and/or patient satisfaction in accordance with established grievance policies and procedures.
- Evaluate request/specifications for medical equipment and recommend purchase where applicable; review new medical supplies, introduce into purchasing system as authorized and provide for instruction in operaton and/or utilization.
- May represent the Center in negotiating contracts or agreements with outside agencies or groups; provide liaison with other Center Committees and interface with other Center Components.
- Provide patient care services in specialty area; review patients charts; furnish professional guidance and assistance to providers; visit hospitalized patients as necessary; serve on rotating on-call schedules.
- Perform medical audit of cases managed by other providers; serve as back-up, participate with and provide clinical supervision of midlevel practitioners and other providers in diagnosing illness, setting up treatment plans, handling problems and hospitalizing patients.
- Ensure appropriate and effective linkages including in-patient admitting and sub-specialty consult arrangements with back-up hospitals and other patient care referral sources. Maintain an active presence at the Center’s back-up hospitals through in-patient care, staff meetings, and appropriate committee meetings.
- Participate in such administrative meetings and undertake such other administrative duties in the health center required to ensure effective medical administration and effective liaison with the general administrative operations of the health center.
Perform other related duties as required.
QUALIFICATIONS: Requires Doctorate in Medicine, Board eligible or certified in a primary care specialty. Mass. license. Up to five years experience as a provider, preferably in a primary care facility.
Indeed - 13 months ago