This hospital is located in New Mexico. Relocation assistance available.
Performs general duties pertaining to the processing of patient samples so as to accommodate accurate and timely laboratory testing. Responsible for accurately performing tests and reporting results in the files of microbiology, coagulation, chemistry, hematology, transfusion medicine, serology and urinalysis. Comprehensive microbiology may be required to cover shift.
Medical Lab Scientist Section Head: Additional duties in the following areas: quality control, ordering and inventory, maintenance, survey testing and accreditation, regulations, teaching/mentoring/ policies and procedures, daily departmental functions and interdepartmental functions.
Hourly Wage Range: $24.20-42.35
Schedule: Full - Time- 40 hours
- Bachelor's Degree in chemical, physical or laboratory science and/or Medical Technology program from an accredited institution required.
- MT (ASCP) / AMT / NCA / ASMT or equivalent
- Minimum of one year of Laboratory training or experience in high complexity testing preferred.
- CPR required
- Good Customer Service skills required.
- Communication and organizational skills required.
- Computer proficiency and technical aptitude required. Knowledge of Meditech preferred.
Performs duties independently with minimal supervision, operating from specific and definite direction and instructions. Decisions are of routine or critical nature, made within prescribed operating guidelines, policies, and procedures. Communicates new material, equipment, and procedures to all members of the team. Is responsible for delivering patient care within institutional guidelines.