Integrity Management Services, LLC
5911 Kingstowne Village Parkway, Suite 210
Alexandria, VA 22315
Integrity Management Services, LLC (IMS), a leading health care consulting firm in the Washington D.C. area is seeking a Statistical Analyst with at least 3 years experience and specialized experience in Medicare and/or Medicaid health care claims analysis, to conduct various health care data analysis projects to help detect patterns of potential fraud and abuse within the health care industry. For candidates with management experience, please inquire about the Data Manager position.
Currently, this is a temporary position to assist during a busy season of contract work. This short-term assignment is available through April 30, 2013. However, there is a high possibility of an extension and/or permanent hire. Typically, candidates who excel are hired for a permanent position.
The analyst will develop and run statistical models in SAS, provide support for Medicare/Medicaid fraud investigations or hearings, perform quality assurance and participate in ad hoc studies as requested. Current projects primarily involve Medicaid data and Medicare Part A and B data.
The analyst will possess strong analytical skills and able to use statistical software including SAS, SQL, Business Objects, MS Excel, and MS Access. Specifically, the analyst should possess SAS programming knowledge and intermediate level experience with SAS macros, PROC REPORT, SAS/GRAPH procedures, SAS ODS, PROC UNIVERIATE, PROC TTEST, PROC MEANS, and PROC FREQ, SAS/GIS. The analyst should also have experience applying statistical concepts including t-tests and chi-square, to large datasets. The analyst should have experience with analyzing and interpreting data, maintaining and manipulating large datasets, ensuring integrity of the data, performing quality assurance, and formally writing results for submission in final reports. Additionally, the analyst may research specific regulatory and industry information regarding Medicare and Medicaid to support statistical analysis.
The Statistical Analyst will work independently as well as collaboratively with a multidisciplinary team consisting of data analysts, statisticians, DBAs, IT operations staff, regulatory analysts, and various senior subject matter experts. The analyst should be able to effectively communicate with clients.
Qualified candidates will possess the following:
- Graduate or doctoral degree (e.g. Statistics, Mathematics, Epidemiology, Biostatistics, Economics etc.) with extensive quantitative methods/statistical coursework required.
- Additional certifications such as SAS Certified, Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE) or Accredited Health Care Fraud Investigator (AHFI) a plus.
- 3+ years of data analysis experience within Medicare/Medicaid programs, including health care claims analysis required.
- Understanding of claims and health care terminology and codes (i.e. CPT, ICD, HCPCS, and DRG) required.
- Experience with reimbursement procedures, service and coverage policies, as well as provider and beneficiary eligibility a plus.
- Experience with advanced data analysis techniques (e.g. predictive modeling, statistically valid sampling and estimation methods, construction of confidence intervals) and quality assurance required.
- Experience utilizing SAS, SQL, and/or similar programs on large datasets required.
- Exceptional analytical & problem-solving skills and the ability to integrate information from multiple sources required.
- Strong written and oral communication skills required.
- Demonstrated performance in meeting time-sensitive deadlines with minimal supervision required.
- Experience in project management and demonstrated ability to lead a team are a plus.
Enthusiastic individuals who can work effectively in a dynamic environment both in a team as well as independently is a must!
All candidates MUST pass a background check and drug screening prior to employment. Local candidates preferred.
Temporary Employee. Commensurate with experience. No benefits for the temporary position. If position is converted to permanent full-time position, full benefits (health, dental & 401K) are available.
Integrity Management Services, LLC (IMS) is a wholly owned subsidiary of Strategic Management Systems, Inc., specializing in assisting government healthcare organizations prevent and detect fraud and abuse in their programs. With a highly professional staff of data analysts, statisticians, medical professionals, auditors, investigators, evaluators, and regulatory analysts, IMS focuses on helping ensure the integrity of healthcare program regulations and policy. Services offered by IMS include:
- Data aggregation and claims analysis
- Regulatory Analysis
- Program compliance, oversight, and review