Reporting to the Director of Mentoring Recruitment, the Mentor Acquisition Associate gains exposure to top businesses by developing a network of professional female mentors in support of the expansion of the Mentoring Program. The ideal candidate must demonstrate the ability to multi‐task and be responsive to the needs of our clients and team members. In partnership with the Mentoring Program staff, the responsibilities of the Mentor Acquisition Associate will include:
- Support recruitment strategies to attract and recruit high-caliber Mentors.
- Work with Mentee Acquisition Associate to identify Mentor recruitment needs.
- Support Mentoring Program outreach activities and events.
- Manage complete interview process including interviews and reference checks.
- Serve as primary point of contact for prospective Mentors.
- Perform other duties as needed by organization.
- Maintain a three to six month internship rotation.
- Complete a minimum of 20 hours per week.
- Can work independently and as part of the team.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point
- Experience searching for information on the internet (IE or Firefox)
- Proven leadership qualities, proactive, resourceful, creative, and detail-orientated.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to interact professionally with a diverse clientele via phone, email, online and in person.
- Access to vehicle for required travel within Connecticut
- Work in office located in Bloomfield, CT
The Females' Center of Excellence and Leadership, Inc. (Xcel, Inc.) is a non-profit organization dedicated to promoting the advancement of women and girls of all backgrounds through mentoring, education, networking, scholarship and community service. For more information, visit our website at www.xcelinc.org.