Sierra Trading Post is seeking an energetic buyer who lives and breathes fly fishing and hunting while understanding core business metrics and analytics. This person must thrive on building partnerships by eloquently explaining our business model, be a strong negotiator and embrace a dynamic work environment. The hunting and fly fishing categories needs to grow exponentially and we are looking for a catalyst that can cultivate and manage this category.
Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience: Minimum 3-5 years purchasing in fly fishing or hunting industry. Ecommerce, catalog, or multi-store location experience preferred. Candidate must demonstrate a proven track record of exceeding business goals.
1. Category management including:
a. Build strong product assortments that are compelling and represent incredible value and excitement to the customer
b. Demonstrate the ability to strategically analyze and understand a multi category open-to-buy
c. The ability to purchase goods under specific margin, inventory turn and net investment requirements
d. Establish strategic plans for sales, inventory and growth
e. Manage markdowns
f. Pulse of the marketplace and competition
g. Analyzing and reacting to business trends
2. Review products for potential purchase with the ability to:
a. Perform inventory analysis
b. Perform sales history analysis
c. Determine quantity to be purchased based on a cash neutral position
d. Determine what strategic price points must be hit while achieving starting margin goals
e. Negotiate with vendor to purchase merchandise with the best possible price value relationship
f. Allocate online and catalog placement
3. Develop and maintain strong business partnerships through communication, integrity and follow-through
4. Persuasiveness-be able to motivate and influence others through verbal and written communication
5. Comfortable presenting proposals and STP business model to upper level management
6. Work with international and domestic vendors to develop special make up products, ensuring quality, function and fit are within the STP standards.
7. Work with ecommerce and catalog merchandising coordinators to promote product
8. Demonstrate poise, tactfulness and diplomacy including positive people skills, and a team approach attitude
9. Maintain flow of office responsibilities -computer (proficient with Word, Excel), daily communication, phone coverage, working with other departments
10. Proofing copy
11. Travel to industry trade shows and vendor headquarters. Approximately 30 days travel per year
12. Reports to GMM
Must relocate to Fort Collins, CO or Cheyenne, WY. There is opportunity to work out of the Fort Collins Technology Office.