American Optical Services owns and operates ophthalmology and optometry practices nationwide. We are a fast growing company that is seeking a Merchandise Manager at our Corporate Office This position is responsible for providing merchandising decision support to Regional Practice Managers, District Managers and Store/Practice Managers. This role will be responsible for providing merchandising expertise, business support and oversight to the market and corresponding set of districts to assist in achieving key objectives and will guide management on market merchandising-related matters and decisions. This position is also responsible for managing merchandise assortment, vendor negotiations and new product introductions in the market. Also analyzes sales trends and develops plans to maximize sales utilizing merchandising strategies. Position will oversee all planning, mapping, and execution of merchandise placement. May identify and participate in opportunities to increase sales such as sales contests, community events, etc. Conducts sourcing activities and negotiations, serves as liaison between Corporate and the field, serves as merchandising expertise to the field, contributes to pricing local assortment, generates incremental local funding and drives compliance as well as controlling risk.
- Bachelor’s Degree in business administration, marketing or related field
- 3-5 years’ experience in purchasing, procurement procedures, and merchandising
- 3-5 years’ experience with general retail merchandising basics, roles, key processes, retail metrics, vendor negotiations, general applications, and key terms.
- Experience in and working knowledge of the Retail and/or Healthcare (specifically optical) industry, a definite plus.
- Knowledge of retail pricing, promotional planning & execution, and vendor negotiation practices
- Prior experience supervising team members directly and indirectly, including assisting in the development, training and assignment of work/projects to other team members
- Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of employees, as well as outside contacts.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, managing multiple tasks on time and within budget
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Travel up to 50% of the time
- Lead local assortment planning and procurement to find locally relevant product, deliver cost savings, secure local vendor funding, drive sales through ad planning and reduce local product inventory.
- Responsible for national merchandising planning through the following:
a. Participate in product reviews for products with disproportionately high volume share in the market
b. Provide feedback on previous campaigns and early input on upcoming programs and promotions
c. Discuss hot items with potential to be rolled out in other markets with other Regional Practice Managers and District Managers
- Supports strategy development by providing merchandising support, forecasting and analytics in development / support of identified opportunities.
- Provide input in pricing strategy for local assortment:
a. Participate in quarterly Pricing Strategy Review for Local Assortment with Regional Practice Managers
b. Shop competitively and share competitor pricing information with RPM, DM, and Chief Operating Officer
Analyze pricing/mark-down strategy for upcoming quarter
- Serve as liaison to bridge Corporate and Field by analyzing pricing competitiveness, creative promotional/marketing ideas and emerging merchandising trends from the field and competitors.
- Serve as lead for sourcing & Vendor Management by seeking RPM/DM/location manager input on local buy needs, Leveraging scale across districts and markets for regional sourcing, managing bidding and negotiate pricing for regional sourcing of local assortment, consulting with Legal as needed and vendor selection.
- Serve as lead for supporting local buying and marketing as well as bridge the field with corporate through improving ROI for Local Buying & Marketing, connecting Merchandising Department and The Field, expanding local buy opportunities and controlling risks with supplier and product quality. Works with corporate marketing to secure regular ad space for local items that are relevant to the market.
- Keeps market / district supervision informed of broad economic trends and development.
We offer an extensive benefit package which includes:
- Competitive Salary
- Medical, Dental and Vision and 401k
- Paid Vacation and Sick time
- And many more!
If you are looking for a dynamic work environment that is fast paced, fun, and challenging, then we look forward to meeting you!
Please visit our website for more information regarding AOS: www.americanopticalservices.com
We are committed to your Vision for Life!
AOS is an equal opportunity employer and drug free workplace.
Indeed - 10 months ago
American Optical Services owns and operates retail eyewear stores, ophthalmology and optometry practices nationwide. We are a fast growing...