GreenLight Biosciences is seeking an exceptional, highly-motivated metabolic or biochemical engineer to work on cutting edge technology in the renewable chemicals space. The successful candidate will support research on the discovery, engineering, and expression optimization of biochemical pathways in the context of a milestone-driven, proof-of-concept projects. Strong technical, organizational, and communication skills, as well as the ability to develop creative solutions to challenging problems, are essential.
- Design and perform experiments for pathway testing and optimization, as well as strain modification and optimization.
- Develop simple static and dynamic biochemical pathway models based on known parameters and rational estimates.
- Research biological pathways and constituent enzymes for the production of target molecules.
- Contribute to the development and use techno-economic models of pathway operation within the context of proprietary bioproduction processes.
- Perform molecular biology techniques such as PCR, DNA mutagenesis, DNA subcloning, cell transformation, cell culture, and other more advanced methods in support of research projects.
- Work collaboratively with other team members to accomplish project goals and milestones.
- Use creative problem-solving skills to independently troubleshoot experimental challenges.
- Contribute to technical discussions related to the development and application of GreenLight's proprietary bioproduction technology.
- Continuously contribute to the company’s intellectual property portfolio and routinely track and document results in laboratory notebooks and databases.
- Analyze, summarize, and present experimental results to team members.
- Ph.D. in biomedical engineering, bioengineering, chemical engineering, or equivalent.
- 3+ experience in the biotechnology industry desired
- Strong background in biochemical pathway engineering & flux optimization, microbial physiology, and molecular biology with deep expertise on cutting-edge technologies for pathway/organism manipulation.
- Experience with pathway modeling and techno-economic analysis.
- Familiarity with analytical techniques for metabolite detection and enzyme activity assays are a plus.
- Must be highly-motivated with exceptional communication, leadership, and teamwork skills.