With Precision Pipeline Solutions, you'll be working for one of the nation's fastest growing private companies in the natural gas and electric utility contracting industry. Our mission at PPS is to be the premier provider of the development & implementation of Single Source, multi-dimensional, problem solving techniques, driving the most effective solutions for our utility customers.
This position is responsible for placing/installing (retro-fit) a meter module, such as a smart meter module or counter, onto a gas meter. The new meter & meter module are installed in order to automate the process of reading a meter for accurate consumption & billing. The position is also responsible for actual gas meter reads.
Essential Job Functions:
- Report to the starting location at the start of the shift to receive route information, tools, materials & hand held devices.
- Verify that they have the correct amount of materials for the number of route locations.
- Load materials into vehicle & organize route maps & plan route.
- Drive or walks route on route; to each customer site.
- Locate meters & determine if it is accessible or poses a safety hazard. Check hand held device to verify meter number to see if there are any notes about it (i.e. location of meter, obstacles, dogs etc)
- If the customer has questions about services, answer questions or direct them to customer service.
- Remove old meter dial using power &/or hand tools, voltage & amp tester; may take final read & serial number.
- Search the meter plate & verify meter number & voltage.
- Take actual gas meter reading.
- Restore work area to previous condition.
- Attention to detail & accuracy to record meter data.
- Ability to read, write & follow & complete written instructions.
- Ability to find locations/addresses by reading a map & hand held device.
- Ability to key data into hand held device.
- Basic computer skills helpful.
- Ability to communicate & interact with customers in a professional manner.
- Ability to use hand & power tools.
- Ability to walk route, which includes stairs and unpaved/rough areas.
- Approximately 5 miles per shift.
- Employer conducts a pre-employment drug test
- Employer conducts a pre-employment background check.
- Personal transportation available to & from job site.
- Valid driver's license.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
Please note: This employer conducts a pre-employment drug test & a pre-employment background check.
Indeed - 9 months ago
Precision Pipeline Solutions, LLC (PPS) is a natural gas and electric utility contractor headquartered in New Windsor, New York. Our mission...