Come work for the Manufacturer of the Year-2012, awarded by the Manufacturers Alliance!
Uponor is a global leader in the manufacturing of products and systems that make homes and commercial environments comfortable, safe and healthy. Uponor offers a dynamic work environment with talented professionals resulting in partnerships that produce the highest quality products, service and support. Uponor’s focus on the customer along with our commitment to corporate citizenship and sustainability make us an employer of choice in the southern Twin Cities metro area.
This position directly supports the Material Mixing and Tool Coating functions by staging mixed material hoppers on production floor, disposing of scrap material, and preparing PEX Tools for extrusion. This is a night shift position, 6PM-6AM, rotating 4 nights on, 4 nights off.
- Operates Mixer at a high efficiency level.
- Operates all tool processing equipment.
- Handles raw materials.
- Maintain work area by keeping all tools and equipment in designated areas-5S. Monitors all functions of Mixer (A), (B), and while in operation documents all data on Production Log.
- Maintains communications with the lead and supervisor of the mixing and tooling group.
- Handles and disposes of scrap material.
- Seeks out opportunities to contribute to the business success through proactive involvement in lean initiatives.
High school education or equivalent, preferred manufacturing experience of 1-3 years.