MGRM Pinnacle is a full service company for Learning Management Systems. We provide cost-effective turn-key solutions for online education. Our clients are educational institutions, global corporations, government and non-profit organizations in North America and across world.
We are searching for a PHP/Moodle Developer in our New York /New Jersey/Arizona office. As a member of the team, you will participate in the development of outstanding multimedia content that enhances our clients’ eLearning needs. Using your analytical, technical, and design capabilities, you will transform concepts/ideas into interactive features aimed at improving target audience experience. The ideal candidate is creative, motivated, resourceful, detail oriented and willing to learn.
Applicant for this position must understand the organizations virtual learning environment MSTAR LMS and Moodle, be competent in handling administrative tasks, including but not limited to:
- Managing site user authentication and course enrollment processes
- Maintain the Virtual Learning Environment ‘s (VLE) upgrade cycle, including acting on security notifications issued by the MSTAR LMS lead developer
- Vetting non-core features for the VLE requested by instructional designers, teachers or trainers, before installing on the system
- Adding COTS content to the VLE purchased by the organization
- Assisting instructional designers, teacher and trainers in using native features of the VLE for adding learning content to a course, and managing learners
- Assisting end users with VLE functional questions
- Assure that completions/grades generated by the VLE are communicated to an HR/SIS backend, as required
- Understand the principles of (childhood/adult) learning and effective online instructional design strategy
- Answer end user questions specific to course content
- Motivate users to complete course requirements
- Answer user VLE questions
- Facilitate community of learner best practices
Salary is negotiable depending on your experience and potential. You must have permanent residency status/be eligible to reside/work in USA on a permanent basis and live in one of these states New York, New Jersey, or Arizona (no relocation and/or sponsorship assistance provided).
Reporting to the General Manager IT, primary responsibilities will be working with the Development Group as well with learning management systems for our clients’ flagship products and services. This includes maintaining and enhancing these systems to meet the current and future needs of our customers. A motivated self starter with organizational and time management skills, you will ensure that you consistently deliver on time, on budget and with a high degree of quality. You will be expected to respond rapidly to a dynamic and ever changing landscape of needs, while always looking to the future to ensure that what is built will have longevity and is applicable to the business.
- Linux Server (Ubuntu, CentOS, RedHat) installation, administration, and troubleshooting
- VMWare ESX 3.5/4.0 (vSphere, vCenter, vShield) installation, configuration, administration,
- and troubleshooting
- NetApp Filer (DataOntap, iSCSI, NFS) configuration and administration
- Backup Applications: (CommVault, Symantec Backup Exec, R1Soft CDP Server, etc)
- Control Panels: Plesk, cPanel, Webmin (installation, administration, and troubleshooting)
- Web Servers: PHP, IIS 6/7, Apache, Litespeed, Nginx (installation, administration, and
- Databases: MySQL, Microsoft SQL Server 2005/2008 (installation, administration, and
- CMS: Alfresco, Drupal, WordPress (installation, administration)
- Scripting (RSync, PHP, Python, Perl, Unison, etc.)
- Server hardware knowledge and experience (Dell PowerEdge 1950, 2950, R610)
Write quality PHP code conforming to Moodle guidelines
- Unit testing
- Reviewing peer code
- Investigate and resolve bugs
- Participate in planning and design sessions (online and offline)
- Escalate issues when appropriate
- Provide adhoc technical support to clients as required
Qualified candidates must be proficient in PHP.
- 3+ years Developing Web Applications in PHP
- 3+ years customizing and developing modules with a major CMS or LMS.
- MySQL or another RDBMS
- LAMP Stack, with an emphasis on Linux
Requirements analysis and gathering experience
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Must provide examples of past projects, demos, or accomplishments.
Job Code: SMDON-MA0608
MGRM Pinnacle, Inc. is an educational technology company that provides comprehensive software products, solutions and services, supporting the educational domain from pre-K to university on a single integrated platform.
MGRM Pinnacle, Inc is an Equal Opportunity Employer
When you join us, you can expect competitive salaries, comprehensive benefit programs, a true focus on work-life balance, training and support from your team leaders, and the latest resources available to ensure that you succeed in meeting your goals and objectives.
Indeed - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard
MGRM Pinnacle, Inc. is the holding company for three education organizations that offer a variety of education solutions - Pinnacle...