Residential Mortgage Underwriter
Leader Bank, a nationally chartered bank, has an immediate opening for a Mortgage Loan Underwriter. This position is responsible for the timely and accurate underwriting of all residential mortgage applications and related documentation through the mortgage closing while maintaining conformance with established Bank policies, procedures and objectives. Performs any functions, within scope of authority and expertise, to provide the highest level of service and responsiveness to customers and co-workers.
- Reviewing, examining and underwriting loans to ensure soundness, accuracy, business value and compliance with the standards of both Leader Bank and our corresponding investors
- Evaluating debt ratio, loan-to-value ratios, credit score, property valuation and various other factors (including risk issues and potential fraud)
- Assisting in identifying, recommending and/or negotiating alternative loan requirements, funding and/or loan-structuring solutions
- Reviewing and analyzing special conditions, loan deficiencies and exception requests to determine the appropriate action
- Coaching field personnel and brokers on technical underwriting issues, problems and/or questions
- Regularly exercising discretion and independent judgment in addressing critical business-matters that have a significant financial impact
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of two years underwriting experience
- Experience in underwriting FHA loans required
- Understand the legal, regulatory, economic, competitive and technological environments which potentially affect various real-estate lending programs
- Flourish in a fast-paced inside sales workplace environment
- Possess extensive understanding of underwriting systems and their components
- Strong computer-skills, Calyx point a plus
- Advanced customer-interface skills
- Possess excellent analytical, interpersonal and communication skills (both written and verbal)
Leader Bank offers an excellent compensation and benefits package including a 401k plan with company match, medical and dental insurance, and the opportunity to work for a fast growing organization.
Leader Bank, N.A. is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Leader Bank, N.A. does not discriminate because of any protected class.
Interested candidates should email their resume and attached cover letter (with "Loan Underwriter" in the subject line of the e-mail) to:
Leader Bank, N.A.
180 Massachusetts Avenue
Arlington, MA 02474
Indeed - 13 months ago
About Leader Bank
Leader Bank is a nationally chartered bank founded in 2002 with six full-service branches in Arlington, Belmont,...