The Network Analyst provides expert level “hands on” network infrastructure support for the enterprise-wide data communications network with oversight of over 10,000 network connections and comprehensive management of Cisco, Juniper, Aruba and other network equipment/appliances; maintains continuous operations for 24 X 7 network; performs installation, configuration, maintenance and operation of network equipment, cabling system, monitoring software and specialty appliances. Independently resolve networking issues involving complex configuration and technical depth. Recommends, designs and implements solutions for campus data network projects.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field
- minimum of 7 years of experience in network technology or related field with progressively increasing responsibilities
- minimum of 7 years of experience in enterprise-wide network architecture design and implementation
- experience with increasing responsibility in supporting large campus or corporate network environment with a large number of end-user connections and multiple sites and buildings
- Extensive knowledge of network architecture, configuration, protocols, and interconnectivity requirements for internal/external information transmission
- thorough understanding of computer and telecommunications technology to support a wide range of network communication projects; expert knowledge of cabling technology and standards with the professional skills of design and installation of fiber optic and copper cable infrastructure.
- Network: Cisco and Alcatel-Lucent switches, hubs, and routers, Cisco IOS, Ethernet, 10/100/1000Base-T, Fiber Optics, TCP/IP, Juniper firewalls, Aruba Wireless, RS-232, SNMP, DSL, T1, ISDN, BGP, EIGRP, OSPF, SPT, Firewall, IDS, VPN, IPS, Qos, VLAN, Multicast, Unicast, DNS, RADIUS, LDAP, HTTPS, SSH, Sniffer, network traffic analyzers, CAT6, TDR, and cable testers.
- Vmware, Windows, Cisco IOS, Juniper, Aruba, Linux, and UNIX servers and workstations, and Mac OS.
Applications and Utilities:
- CiscoWorks, Smarts, StatSeeker, Packet shaper, Alterpoint, NetQoS, SolarWindows, WhatsUP Gold, Spam control, MRTG, Internet Explorer, HTML, SFTP programs, Microsoft Office, Microsoft Project, Anti-virus programs.
- Cisco or Alcatel-Lucent network certification
- experience in a University environment
- experience with managing a 10,000 node or larger network system with Cisco, Alcatel-Lucent, Aruba, and Juniper networking equipment
- working knowledge of providing network support for VMware and server farm
- knowledge of VMware, Linux, and Windows Server operating systems.