The Network Coordinator serves as the "hands on" leader of network infrastructure support for enterprise-wide data communications network with oversight of over 10,000 network connections and comprehensive management system tools, including: Alterpoint, NetQoS, StatSeeker, and others. Incumbent supervises Network Analysts, provides expert level installation, conficutration, and support of multivendor network solutions, including, but not limited to: Altatel-Lucent, Cisco, Juniper, and Aruba.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Engineering
- minimum of 10 years of network technology or related field, with progressively increasing responsibilities
- minimum of 5 years of experience in enterprise-wide network architecture design and implementation
- minimum of 3 years as a team lead or supervisor.
- Network analysis tools, network communication technologies, and network operations control.
- Alcatel-Lucent and Cisco switches and routers, Network operating systems, Ethernet, 10/100/1000Base-T, Fiber Optics, TCP/IP, Juniper Firewall, JunOS, Aruba Wireless, BGP, SNMP, ATM, SONET, DSL, T1, RIP, EIGRP, OSPF, Content-aware Firewall, IDS/IPS, VPN, SSL, QoS, VLAN, Multicast, Unicast, DNS, DHCP, RADIUS, LDAP, HTTPS, SSH, Sniffer, network analyzer, TDR, and cable testers.
- Windows, Cisco IOS, Linux and Unix servers and workstations, and Mac OS.
Applications and Utilities:
- AlterPoint, NetQoS, StatSeeker, Packet shaper, Spam control, MRTG, Firefox, Internet Explorer, HTML, SFTP programs, Microsoft Office, Microsoft Project, Microsoft Visio, Anti-virus programs.
- Extensive knowledge of network architecture, configuration, protocols, and interconnectivity requirements for internal/external information transmission
- Extensive knowledge of computer and telecommunication technology to support wide range of network communication projects
- Ability to interpret and apply broad regulatory standards and technical specifications to projects
- Expert working experience in supporting large campus or corporate network environments that consist of over 10,000 end-user connections and multiple sites and buildings
- Thorough understanding of computer hardware and software technology and the ability to provide interface and connectivity solutions
- Ability to translate user-defined requirements into data and communication specifications and features
- Ability to monitor and manage vendor/contractor relationships to ensure responsiveness and quality