Job Title: Network Systems Analyst
Job Code: 55-950-111912
Where: Fort Lee, VA
Pay Rate: DOE
Benefits: Full Contract Benefits
Work Schedule: Full Time, Day Shift
Posting Date: November 19, 2012
Closing Date: Until Filled
This position is contingent upon contract award and funding, anticipated April 1, 2013.
The Network Engineer will support and contribute to the IT Department’s vision of remaining in the process of development and the implementation of information technology initiatives that ensure cost effective, value-based solutions that drive growth and operational efficiencies. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following functions:
- Install, configure, maintain, support, and optimize all network hardware, software, and communication links. This individual will assist in response and resolution of network user Help Desk requests, and provide essential support for information technologies
- Install, configure, support and maintain network servers including domain controllers, Microsoft Exchange Servers, file and print servers, application servers, storage servers and Web servers.
- Install, configure, support and maintain network, systems and proprietary software applications including upgrades and add-ons, associated relational databases and host servers.
- Support all network services and protocols including DNS, WINS, email services, DHCP, Active Directory, Web services, authentication, IMAP, SMTP, SNMP, TCP/IP, IPv6-7 and IPsec.
- Network management and monitoring of all network resources including network discovery, mapping and topology, event management and alerting, patch management and performance monitoring.
- Install, configure, support and maintain Internet security solutions and appliances including firewalls, UTM, VPN’s, inbound/outbound port management, anti-virus, anti-spam, email and content filtering software.
- Maintain consistent, secure, high-speed corporate and remote office network connectivity that promotes and enhances enterprise information sharing.
- Configure, manage and maintain high-capacity, high-speed data stores dedicated to data storage, backup and replication, disaster recovery, email archiving and digital document management.
- Maintain and manage data backup, retention and archiving, disaster recovery and system recovery imaging, information security and privacy, IT compliance and risk management.
- Maintain and manage telephone systems including handsets, telephone switches, creation of new telephone and voicemail extensions and routing extensions to appropriate locations.
- Minimum 5 years of experience.
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Must be proficient in computer programs to include MS Word, Excel, and Internet Explorer.
- Must be able to prioritize tasks and work in a fast paced environment.
- Must be able to provide customer service in a professional and courteous manner.
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, applicable Microsoft certification OR three (3) consecutive years of increasingly responsible experience providing user and systems support in a corporate Microsoft Windows client-server network environment OR any equivalent combination of education and experience which provides the applicant with the necessary knowledge, skills and abilities required to perform the work as described.
Must be able to obtain and maintain Fort Lee installation clearance.
A valid state driver license is required. Must be able to obtain and maintain coverage by Skookum’s insurance company.
People with disabilities will be given first preference in compliance with our NISH contract.
A Skookum application is required (may be accompanied by a resume). Please visit our website at www.skookum.org to apply online. Return printed applications to:
PO Box 5359
Bremerton, WA 98312
Phone: (360) 475-0756
Fax: (360) 475-0759
Skookum is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Indeed - 20 months ago
Skookum is committed to providing the soldiers and community of Fort Lewis the most efficient and friendliest service possible. We...