WRMD, the Telemundo affiliate in Tampa, Florida, is looking for an experienced News Director with the enthusiasm to launch a brand-new newscast. The News Director will be responsible for the recruitment of a top-notch news team. The ideal candidate is an excellent storyteller, possesses strong news judgment with people management skills. He/she must be willing to work a variety of shifts possibly including nights, weekends, or early mornings.
Responsibilities and functions include, but are not limited to:
- Providing leadership and driving strategy of news property
- Producing daily newscast
- Overseeing the department; budgeting, daily planning, gathering, preparation and presentation of news
- Directing the development of newscast substance, including weather, sports, special events projects, planning sweeps that is consistent with WRMD’s brand
- Managing, hiring and training the news and production staff
- Contributing and coordinating web content with digital team for company website, www.holaciudad.com
Minimum Qualifications. All must be met to be considered.
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism or other related field.
- Minimum ten (10) years experience in news management and news producing at a commercial television station.
- Bilingual English / Spanish.
Indeed - 10 months ago
ZGS Communications is a Hispanic-owned media company, headquartered in Arlington, Virginia, that owns 9 Spanish-language television...